Fantastic customer service

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
Now then. I just wanted to share a little story as I’ve been super impressed with the service I received recently from Garmin.

So, the story starts about three or four weeks ago when I took advantage of the great prices on the Garmin Fenix 6X Pro Solar and purchased two, one for me and my partner.

Brilliant watches, always wanted a Fenix. Anyway, around a week ago I was sat in a meeting and my watch carried out an auto update. Mobile phone signal was quite poor in the office, and I wasn’t connected to wifi (client’s office). The watch went into a bootloop, basically got stuck, and showed the ⚙️ symbol, nothing else. My watch was stuck like this for the rest of the day.

When I got home I searched the internet for some answers, couldn't find a solution, so called Garmin Support. They talked me through some rebooting options and sent me some instructions via email. After playing Twister with my watch, holding down multiple buttons and then releasing them one at a time in sequence, again, nothing happened. Garmin admitted that my brand new shiny watch was indeed f**ked.

So, they sent me a UPS courier label (FOC) and asked me to send it back to them, just the watch only, no strap, no USB cable, just the device. In return they upgraded me to a brand new Fenix 7X Pro Solar, no additional costs, just a straight exchange. Replacement watch arrived yesterday, brand new in the box. I now also have a spare strap and USB cable, bonus.

So, that’s the story, just wanted to share it with you. Some companies are indeed great and Garmin have made my top five list easily, if not pole position 👍🏽

Tubby G

❤️‍🔥 Hot Stuff ❤️‍🔥
Dec 15, 2020
North Yorkshire
I just want to add another company to my list of ‘Fantastic Customer Service’

Melon Optics …

I’ve had a pair of their Halfway sunglasses for a few years now.

About a year ago I broke one of the arms, just the hinge. Contacted Melon, I was able to purchase new frame & arms at a heavily discounted rate, just needed to swap the lenses over. Bargain.

Anyway, one of the rubber nose pieces vanished a few days ago. Contacted Melon again. They’re sending me new frames under lifetime warranty (I only asked if I could buy the rubber nose piece).

So, looks like I’ll be able to keep these sunglasses going for ever. Maybe replace the lenses next year. Triggers Broom. Highly recommend Melon to all 👍🏽

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles