Evoc Tailgate Pad

shaunculliss

Sep 14, 2019
Shropshire
I have recently purchased an Evoc tailgate pad for my Nissan Navara.

However I have found that the straps don't fit around my Turbo Levo's down tube, they aren't long enough.

Has anyone else had this issue and found a suitable replacement strap thats long enough for a thick down tube?

Thanks

jadias89

Feb 24, 2021
Denbigh
I have one on the back of my L200 and often use it for picking up/dropping off various bikes. Some are trickier than others but most will fit with persistence and/or a little lateral thinking!

For fat-tubed eMTBs, you can just link two straps together. Pull one strap off, loop it through the other strap and attach it to itself. That’ll give you tons of strap to play with.

shaunculliss

Sep 14, 2019
Shropshire
I have one on the back of my L200 and often use it for picking up/dropping off various bikes. Some are trickier than others but most will fit with persistence and/or a little lateral thinking!

For fat-tubed eMTBs, you can just link two straps together. Pull one strap off, loop it through the other strap and attach it to itself. That’ll give you tons of strap to play with.

Good idea!! I will give it a go.
A single strap barely gets through the loop let alone anywhere near the velcro due to the thickness of the levos down tube.
Was wondering if a long Enduro strap would also do the trick providing it fits through the pads loops.

jadias89

Feb 24, 2021
Denbigh
Good idea!! I will give it a go.
A single strap barely gets through the loop let alone anywhere near the velcro due to the thickness of the levos down tube.
Was wondering if a long Enduro strap would also do the trick providing it fits through the pads loops.
This might work too. I’ve never had a Levo on there, but have had several Orbea Wild FS and it worked great. Amazingly the Orbea Rise fits with just the one strap.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles