• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Error 550 after 6 months warranty

Nonboschfan

Jul 13, 2024
Nederland
Hi, everyone I have a question I got an error 550 already taken to a dealer. Bosch said I need an new motor. But the bike works completely normal. But the screen (Bosch kiosk) won’t charge and ones is died you can’t use the bike. Does any body have a solutions. Because i am not going to €600 for a motor that’s working. Maybe I am just going to take the motor of and say to the insurance that the motor was stolen. But back to the point, I have full power no weird noises. It is a Bosch performance cx gen 4. Help!!

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Explain 6 months warranty. Because if it's in warranty then it should be covered.
Error 500 is only half of the error code, so it depends on the other three numbers as to what is wrong with the motor. The dealers machine will give you the rest of the code.
It's also not the brightest idea to say you are going to defraud the insurance company on an open forum!

Nonboschfan

Jul 13, 2024
Nederland
Hi error 550 is the problem, I went to the dealer and it needs a new motor. But the only thing wrong is when the screen dies I can’t do anything with the bike. It is 6 months after warranty. In total is the bike 30 months old.

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Mine was similar at less than 3 years old, so I refused to buy another motor and sent it off to the ebike motor centre and got it repaired.

Nonboschfan

Jul 13, 2024
Nederland
I now see that I make a few grammar mistakes here the better version: What error did you have? I am looking to tapping the charging cables for the screen. To use the battery connection an a converter. Thanks

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
I now see that I make a few grammar mistakes here the better version: What error did you have? I am looking to tapping the charging cables for the screen. To use the battery connection an a converter. Thanks
500331 and 500366 which are something to do with software and voltage problems.
I have the kiox display, but that only gives the basic 500 error code .

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles