EMTB Newbie

jonpress

Oct 23, 2018
Iver
Hi all,

Just picked up my new 2019 Turbo Levo from Chris at Berkshire Cycles, fantastic service it must be said. I changed my mind on size after ordering which resulted in the wrong size being ready today. The switch from medium to large meant that a change in colour was required if I wanted the bike today. To be fair the rocket red is certainly more noticeable than the blue. I am certainly looking forward to trying it out for the first time tomorrow at Swinley where I am hoping some of the pushing up hill will be replaced with a massive grin. If my experience so far is anything to go by I will be easy to spot due to the bright red bike and constant giggling.

Anyway just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Jon

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi all,

Just picked up my new 2019 Turbo Levo from Chris at Berkshire Cycles, fantastic service it must be said. I changed my mind on size after ordering which resulted in the wrong size being ready today. The switch from medium to large meant that a change in colour was required if I wanted the bike today. To be fair the rocket red is certainly more noticeable than the blue. I am certainly looking forward to trying it out for the first time tomorrow at Swinley where I am hoping some of the pushing up hill will be replaced with a massive grin. If my experience so far is anything to go by I will be easy to spot due to the bright red bike and constant giggling.

Anyway just wanted to say hi and introduce myself.

Jon
Welcome mate. Join us for the Swinley group ride on Nov 18th? Details in the ride out section.

jonpress

Oct 23, 2018
Iver
So today was the maiden voyage. I must admit I did feel a bit self conscious about riding an E bike at first. I was in a group of 6 today with 2 of us running power, there was some light hearted jokes about milk floats etc bit all in fun. I was also asked if I had a tow rope to drag them up the bigger hills at Swinley. I have a post on this forum regarding bike size and whether I should go medium or large (I went for the large), after today's ride I still couldnt tell you if I made the right decision but I can say that it did not feel too big. It's a big bike (compared to my Remedy) and it is certainly carrying more weight which I think caught me out a couple of times. I definitely had too much air in my tires at the start and I dare say I could do with letting more out before I go out again. I did all the usual trails at Swinley including the newly revamped babymaker, whilst I am never going to win awards with my jumping I was surprised that I still managed to get the Levo in the air (briefly. I was really thinking that I would be trying to lift a tank on the jumps. It didn't really feel any different than when trying a new bike for the first time and I would imagine I will get used to the way the bike handles. Now the important bit, holy cow it was fun, running for the most part on eco and on occasion trail the Levo is amazing, for the first time I wasn't the one everyone was waiting for and being able to pedal everything was a real breath of fresh air. Turbo is insane and can catch you out if you pedal on a corner, that said for blasting up the climbs or just having a laugh with a mate it's hard to beat.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles