Emtb frames

Stephen B

Feb 24, 2021
El Dorado Hills, California USA
The Dengfu E10 seems to be the only one discussed on the forum, they will not ship to the USA or Canada.
There are other frames available, Light Carbon, for example.
Does anyone have any experience with any on them? How do they ride/perform? I am not a bike geometry expert so I can't just read the specs and deicide how they would perform.

Please help

Steve

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
For want of a better word, the E10 was the first frame which seemed to offer "modern" geometry. Hence why it was the first the create some excitement on here. If you look in the DIY section, there's the E10 "discussion" thread. I seem to recall that some of the other frame options are discussed in there - such as light carbon. Though not extensively.

Stephen B

Feb 24, 2021
Thank you, I read through the various E10 threads and trying to find a frame with modern e-mtb geometry that has been tested is very difficult.
I guess I could just buy the Luna x1, but then I would have to spend extra money replacing the super heavy wheels, chinese carbon wheelsets reportedly save 5 lbs.
The forks, shock, dropper, cranks and gear train components probably should be changed too.

Stephen B

Feb 24, 2021
I submitted an inquiry for this frame, they haven't responded back to me yet though.

They haven't responded back to me yet. The geometry seems be this bike

It looks very promising.

Steve

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
Anyone from USA able to order frameset only for E10 or Luna X1? I’m having no luck so please share if possible. Thanks in advance.

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
This is the only US vendor offering frameset but the frame smallest size 16 is too big for me, wish they had size 15.
Check it out, DCB F150-E Trek Rail Style Carbon Full Suspension E Bike Frameset 29er or 27.5+

$2300 for just the frame is not that good of a deal.....even if you have parts to swap over the motor and battery will be over a grand more. The X1 sold for mid $3k IIRC.

I'm waiting for this one for $3k to hit the shore....Aluminum I know but actually what I want

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 7.36.10 PM.png

I like the way they angled the motor on this frame to meet the dt head on. I just wish they would have speced more modern geo/suspension style but it will have to do and compared to what I have been riding for years it is a major step forward. June is going to be a looonnnggg wait.

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
$2300 for just the frame is not that good of a deal.....even if you have parts to swap over the motor and battery will be over a grand more. The X1 sold for mid $3k IIRC.

I'm waiting for this one for $3k to hit the shore....Aluminum I know but actually what I want

View attachment 55278

I like the way they angled the motor on this frame to meet the dt head on. I just wish they would have speced more modern geo/suspension style but it will have to do and compared to what I have been riding for years it is a major step forward. June is going to be a looonnnggg wait.
If you go through the product spec, diycarbonbikes offers the frameset (carbon frame, motor, and battery) for $2295. Ty the owner can confirm it.

Chevdog

Mar 27, 2021
Email5018!!
First time posting here. I am here due to the cheeb project via YouTube. After reading a few threads and watching videos I was sold on the E10. I have owned a few newer geometry bikes over the past few years including the Ripmo, following mb, Wreckoning Lb, and a chameleon hard tail. All that being said I live in the U.S. and came to find dengfu will not ship here. I am beyond bummed with this and have found no other diy manufacturer has anything close to the E10 in regards to geo. I guess my question is how long does it take for the u.s. Distributors to get the trickle down from a company like dengfu. I am more than willing to wait a bit but but would like to get this emtb thing going as soon as possible. Also, if anyone has found a loophole or any like geo bikes please let me know. The available bikes to the u.s. have roughly 5-6 year old geo and would be a big step backwards for fun in my opinion. The above posted frames in this thread all have much smaller reach numbers that would require a crazy long stem and negate all the handling characteristics most of us have grown to love. Thanks in advance to any replies!

amargarit

Apr 30, 2021
Barcelona
Hello guys,

I like to share with all of you this found. It is a carbon frame, based on shimano motor and up to 720W with the DARFON E4C0G battery. In my opinion, the geo seems modern and quite good. It is very similar to the trek rail or Scott ransom eride.
I ask for the chance to get 1 frame only, and they reply to me it's ok, but now the L size which is my frame size it's under testing.
What is your opinion? Any have opinions about this manufacturer or did you buy some frame before?
More info here:
Top-fire FM-MD21
the geometry:
fm-md21_geo.JPG

I'm new using Linkage software, and trying to start with the demo version, so If you see Trek slash in the legend, it's because demo version don't allow to create design from scratch and I used a similar frame, like the Slash ;p

fm-md21.JPG

maybe the model is not 100% accurate but for getting the first impressions could be ok, isn't it?
fm-md21_leverage.JPG

If you want to share your thoughts or you want that I upload more info, I'll be pleased.

Thank you all!

Last edited:

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
Good geo I like it! Any luck on find Shimano motor and battery kit? I hope that you can do it so others can follow.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles