eMTB AUX Power port ?

NETTA17

Jun 24, 2020
Israel
Hmmmm...

Why no emtb have an AUX power outlet to let install a light for a night ride for example ??

If one already has a huge battery - it can be useful for a variety of applications besides the main motor/control IMO.

Cheers,

RazorBlade

Jun 6, 2020
UK
Hmmmm...

Why no emtb have an AUX power outlet to let install a light for a night ride for example ??

If one already has a huge battery - it can be useful for a variety of applications besides the main motor/control IMO.

Cheers,

All the canyon EMTB's do.

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
I believe there is an optional wiring harness for Shimano systems, but I don't know which lights it works with. I would rather have the Canyon's USB port, though, if given the choice.

NETTA17

Jun 24, 2020
Israel
I'm talking more about Integral dedicate electric socket.
It can open new market for 48v accesories :)

Spreaders

May 4, 2020
Cornwall
There is an circuit for lighting on most bikes just few have an easily accessible port. For my part the fewer places water can get to the electrics the better so that not a major issue for me.

Exposure make a dedicated e bike light that can be wired in to the loom lighting port. Was going to purchase when I noticed varying lumen output for different motors. Then discovered the Shimano steps puts out a lower voltage on this circuit than most other motors so the light operates at a much lower maximum capacity.

Whilst a PITA strapping on yet another battery will be sticking with the old faithful magic shines for now. Mine are still running after 6 years use despite the experience of many others.

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
There is an circuit for lighting on most bikes just few have an easily accessible port. For my part the fewer places water can get to the electrics the better so that not a major issue for me.

Exposure make a dedicated e bike light that can be wired in to the loom lighting port. Was going to purchase when I noticed varying lumen output for different motors. Then discovered the Shimano steps puts out a lower voltage on this circuit than most other motors so the light operates at a much lower maximum capacity.

Whilst a PITA strapping on yet another battery will be sticking with the old faithful magic shines for now. Mine are still running after 6 years use despite the experience of many others.
Ditto, I just have a couple of $30 lights from Amazon and they're still going strong after several years. I don't need an expensive light that only works with a Shimano system. Would still need a battery for the helmet light, anyway.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles