Electric tyre inflator recommendations?

MrSimmo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my, now broken, Topeak floor pump with an electric tyre pump.

I looked at the Makita but by the time I'd bought the battery and charger, it was £170! Then I looked at the Ryobi but pretty much all the reviews say the pressure gauge is not accurate, plus you have the same issue where they sell it without the battery/charger.

Ideally I have a few requirements:
1. Its accurate
2. Battery would be nice but happy for wall/cigareter lighter power
3. Schrader and Presta
4. Dont have to hold the trigger in to make it work

Does anyone have an electric tyre inflator and could recommend one for me please?

Cheers

Zed.

Apr 26, 2023
Deepest Bandit country (Wales)
a few friends use these

we have one of these......

somewhere 🤭

I've been looking for it lately as have tyres to 'blow' onto rims and this is a lazy method compared to a trackpump😜

Rich.

TheSnowShark

Subscriber
Sep 7, 2023
French-Alpes

MrSimmo

Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
Reading various online reviews, they mention that it's slow, so presumably not suitable for mounting tubeless tyres?
The Bosch website says it does but I agree, it seems too slow for that. Ive got an Airshot which I use for that - was about £15 when I got it not.

renais

Sep 11, 2023
cornwall uk
Hi all,

I'm looking to replace my, now broken, Topeak floor pump with an electric tyre pump.

I looked at the Makita but by the time I'd bought the battery and charger, it was £170! Then I looked at the Ryobi but pretty much all the reviews say the pressure gauge is not accurate, plus you have the same issue where they sell it without the battery/charger.

Ideally I have a few requirements:
1. Its accurate
2. Battery would be nice but happy for wall/cigareter lighter power
3. Schrader and Presta
4. Dont have to hold the trigger in to make it work

Does anyone have an electric tyre inflator and could recommend one for me please?

Cheers
I have the AA from eBay which plugs into the cigar lighter socket. It's way better than the previous rechargeable one I got from Amazon which took an age to recharge and proved unreliable.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Cycplus got many good reviews

B1rdie

Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Makita is the only one I would recommend. The batteries are expensive, but can be shared with many other tools, from gardening to house keeping, lights, cofeemakers…

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
a few friends use these
I have got one of those.
I also use it on my car tyres.
I found it worked much better after buying one of these:

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Recently, my wife bought a Ryobi starter kit (£99.99 delivered) that consisted of an inflator, a charger and a 2.0 Amp-Hr battery. It was bought for the cars but as it has a Presta to Schrader converter fitting, it will do my bike.

Or it would if I could get the pump and converter fitting to work! So far, I have only tried it on one occasion, but gave up through lack of time. How hard can it be to get this to work?

Also the pressure gauge gives a different reading to my Topeak D2 digital pressure gauge (accurate and consistent). The Ryobi inflator seems to be consistent though. It inflated my car tyres much faster than I thought it would, not bad.

This is what you get, but the price has gone up (or the promotion has ended).

If you register the purchase, you get the two-year warranty extended to 3 years. I tried that and the registration system proved to be infuriating, asking for serial numbers that were not there or if they were, were too big or in the wrong format and were rejected. I also had to register the battery, charger and inflator separately, which would have been a pain even if it all worked as it should have done. I contacted Ryobi by email and got what looked like a very helpful response, but wasn't. Repeated email message got no reply.

Not really a ringing endorsement for Ryobi. :(

MrSimmo

Apr 24, 2020
The Trail.
I bought the Bosch Easypump in the end; 100% recommend now! Was £59 delivered next day if you are a member of the motoring club (the free club Halfords has).

Charged it up yesterday using USB-C; connected the quick release adapter. Set PSI to 20psi. Pressed start and about 5 seconds later it had pumped up the various tyres from around 5-10psi to 20psi then stopped. Battery is still at 100% after pumping up 8 tyres.

Connected it to my kids bikes and my Levo (all Schrader valves). Took about 1/4 of a second to connect/disconnect to each. None of that screwing/unscrewing and loosing air in the process anymore.

Connected my topeak digital pressure gauge and it read 20psi on all the tyres, so the Bosch is accurate too.

Came with a variety of adapters too, presta, quick release, pin (for footballs etc), airbed (I think) etc. Came with a nifty travel bag too.

Amazing!!!

Thanks again for the recommendations.

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
I been using this for 6 months now...on a bike oversea bike trip , we pump 15 bike from flat without problems. I personally ride 3 time a week [i punp on every ride ] and only charge it few months once. All my friend are impressed with the speed too.

Screenshot_20240914_214617_AliExpress.jpg

Last edited:

Hotrod

Nov 30, 2023
So Cal
I purchased this from Costco and it works great. I even used it to top off trailer tires that need 80 psi. Battery lasts a long time and you set the pressure and turn it on, shuts off automatically. Based on my very accurate tire pressure gauge it's within a pound of what I set it at.

Screenshot_20240914_064319_Chrome.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles