Eddy Current vs DHR2/DHF on my Turbo Levo Comparison

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I bet the Butcher was a Mongrel on the wet roots. I fide the Eliminator to be awesome on wet roots and better than the minions in both grip and rolling resistance everywhere.
Yeah run the butchers and they were just crap ?‍♂️

krisrayner

May 20, 2019
California
Been running the 27.5x2.8 Eddy Current. Been really happy with them as all my previous tires had problems with durability with the rocks in my area. Hard to find a heavy duty tire in 2.8

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Nice review but there is really only 1 way to test rolling resistance properly and that is with a Rolling Road.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I really liked your scientific and methodical approach to determining which tires were best.
I usually just go with what is working for me and stick with it.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Nice review but there is really only 1 way to test rolling resistance properly and that is with a Rolling Road.
True. But it gives you at least some idea.

I also find a hill works. Same weather, same temperature (or air resistance is different). Roll down hill. Check speed at a given point. You can even do it more than once to get an average and hills with different surfaces for different comparisons.

rsilvers

Dec 2, 2018
US
His DHR2 was trashed at 200 miles. Here is mine at 272 miles.

DF13DC5A-F91D-4A02-9EE0-78CA788F5446.jpeg

Slowroller

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2018
Wyoming
His DHR2 was trashed at 200 miles. Here is mine at 272 miles.

View attachment 19766

It all depends on the surfaces you ride on, how aggressive you ride and how much you weigh. My wife could ride mtb tires for years without wearing them out because she weighed half of what I did, and simply rolled along, never loading the tires or skidding. I used to replace them because they'd get hard after a couple of years, not because they showed any wear.

Galion

Sep 20, 2019
Brazil
Thanks for the review, while Butcher/Eliminator may not be the best combo, I still like the handling in general.
I’d love to try Maxxis aggressor/assegai but my OCD won’t let me live with those horrible yellow logos on the sidewalls, Eddy Currents look like enduro motorbike tires so they are a no go for me.
Magic Marys will be my next.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles