Ebikes need to go their own way aside from bikes?

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
This is something I question myself many times

wouldn’t be better run wider hubs, wider chains, bigger brakes and a lot of small things that can be improved or it’s fine share a universal spare with the normal bikes?

It’s there really a performance next level that’s is now limited by the brotherhood ebikes/bikes or just a bunch of new next big things courtesy of the marketing waiting to attack our pockets such the 28” wheels and stuff like that?

what do you people thing about this?

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
This is something I question myself many times

wouldn’t be better run wider hubs, wider chains, bigger brakes and a lot of small things that can be improved or it’s fine share a universal spare with the normal bikes?

It’s there really a performance next level that’s is now limited by the brotherhood ebikes/bikes or just a bunch of new next big things courtesy of the marketing waiting to attack our pockets such the 28” wheels and stuff like that?

what do you people thing about this?
I am struggling to understand what you are asking

Eddy Current

E*POWAH Master
Oct 20, 2019
NORTH Spain
I am struggling to understand what you are asking

Right now ebikes and bikes share the same standars and measures

But not all forks can take 220 disc because normal bikes don’t need that

Pivot shuttle run a 157 hub and I wonder if it has something to do with their excellent handling

Ebikes got torque levels on pair with 600cc motorbikes and I wonder if a regular Chain is enough

But till now all we got is e-wheels and a few things more that really don’t do the business

I don’t know that’s why I started the thread hope somebody with more technical knowledge throw some light, are we limited by stay on regular bikes standars? Will prices raises if we go on our own manufacturing standars?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Eebs IME don't need 220mm brakes either.
Right now ebikes and bikes share the same standars and measures
Good. plenty reasonably priced component options

But not all forks can take 220 disc because normal bikes don’t need that
Eebs don't really need 220mm rotors either. Heavy, brake dragging riders do

Pivot shuttle run a 157 hub and I wonder if it has something to do with their excellent handling
It doesn't. 157mm is simply a DH standard Intense have used. it's 150mm DH standard but recessed drop-outs for ease of wheel swaps.
Ebikes got torque levels on pair with 600cc motorbikes and I wonder if a regular Chain is enough
It's enough.

But till now all we got is e-wheels and a few things more that really don’t do the business
There's no such thing as an E wheel. it's just marketing.

I don’t know that’s why I started the thread hope somebody with more technical knowledge throw some light, are we limited by stay on regular bikes standars?
No.
Will prices raises if we go on our own manufacturing standars?
undoubtably
adding an "E" sticker isn't cheap ;)

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
I like the idea of these changes, now we just need to get rid of pedal assist and we’re there... wait a minute...

2AADB8E2-32A7-4568-881E-39C780E04E1C.jpeg

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
@Jamsxr wait there! I get you but there’s something in betwee, not that extreme! :)
Most Ebike specific parts are overkill anyway.
Especially for the European market where the bikes are governed to 25kph.
There are bikes in between current Emtbs and the emotorcycle Jamsxr gave an example of
10EA9AAC-30DE-43B7-B094-B4B574545A11.jpeg

And for the weight, you might as well buy the emotorcycle

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles