Ebike still not working.

Hi there, I posted a few months ago that my Ebike, it's a 350w 36v 13ah fat tyre snow bike, just stopped while out one day. I looked on Ebike forums and was advised it could be the C500 lcd display unit, so I bought a new one, still not working, then had suggestions it could be the battery, the battery had a full charge when my Ebike 1st stopped, had the battery tested it was good. Then oh its probably thee bms, took battery to a Ebike mechanic who fitted a new BMS still not working. Now I've just bought a brand new battery and casing I put it on my Ebike, now at least the lcd display unit is coming on but it's flashing "bms error" the c500 lcd display unit manual has no error code for bms error.
I've lost count of the times I've checked all the wiring and connectors and they all seem to be okay to me.
I'm at a loss now on what to do.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Stevie.

Screenshot_20210428-085000.jpg

Screenshot_20210428-084937.jpg

Sidepod

Sep 2, 2020
Oxford
All of this depends on how good you are with wiring and testing?
I've been doing some digging around, mostly on Endlesssphere which seems to be a more techy/beardy version of this site.
What I'm trying to find is the basic operating principle of a e-bike, from an electrical perspective.
So far I think I've worked out that the battery or BMS sends a 5v signal to the Display unit/main control unit which then sends it on to the on/off switch. Once the on/off is made the Display unit then goes back to the BMS and tells it to light up the motor.
If you can access the wiring into the display and or on/off switch you may be able to prove/work out what is or isn't working. Usual electrical testing procedures apply, just bypass stuff you think may be suspect.
All a bit theoretical but you may be able to do your own research for your own bike and find a schematic or diagram to help you.

All of this depends on how good you are with wiring and testing?
I've been doing some digging around, mostly on Endlesssphere which seems to be a more techy/beardy version of this site.
What I'm trying to find is the basic operating principle of a e-bike, from an electrical perspective.
So far I think I've worked out that the battery or BMS sends a 5v signal to the Display unit/main control unit which then sends it on to the on/off switch. Once the on/off is made the Display unit then goes back to the BMS and tells it to light up the motor.
If you can access the wiring into the display and or on/off switch you may be able to prove/work out what is or isn't working. Usual electrical testing procedures apply, just bypass stuff you think may be suspect.
All a bit theoretical but you may be able to do your own research for your own bike and find a schematic or diagram to help you.
Hi, I'm not good with electrics at all,I opened up the original lcd display unit inside was clean and dry, as I mentioned I've unpluged all the julets looking for bent pins or something, all look fine to me,no cracks or snags on any of the wiring, my Ebike is just over a year old, I use it everyday but only doing around 8 kilometers each ride. I've sent an email to the errorcodeGuru asking if he has any ideas,
I'll check out "Endlesssphere".
Thanks for your input. Stevie.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Obvious question, but If your bike is less than a year old, why aren't you making a warranty claim?
Actually now you've opened everything up, that may have voided the warranty (be prepared for that). But your dealer or the supplier should have some ideas; at least they would be worth contacting.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Hi, I'm not good with electrics at all,I opened up the original lcd display unit inside was clean and dry, as I mentioned I've unpluged all the julets looking for bent pins or something, all look fine to me,no cracks or snags on any of the wiring, my Ebike is just over a year old, I use it everyday but only doing around 8 kilometers each ride. I've sent an email to the errorcodeGuru asking if he has any ideas,
I'll check out "Endlesssphere".
Thanks for your input. Stevie.

youll probably find that it's a fault with the electronic controller. This is the device between the battery and the motor. It regulates the power supply. If your bike is of a Chinese persuasion the controller is usually the weakest element. if you go on Endless Sphere they'll tell you to wire in a new controller which is more bomb proof.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles