e bike info Trance or Merida ?

scarthie99

Oct 14, 2018
leeds
hello i look at getting a ebike has any one got the new gaint trance x + pro or the last year trance or reign bike or the new merida e1 sixty 700.are motor and batterys any good or had prodlems with bikes,are the easy to work on.just waiting if gaint drop the price on 2020 bike or buy the new trance x+ pro or merida cheers

Last edited:

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
Wiring on the Giants is terrible with inadequate waterproofing.
The app software doesn't work properly either.

I have a Giant Trance E+ 0 Pro, and when it's working I love it.
Unfortunately it, and my wife's similar one, have spent too much time not working.

A friend of mine has a Merida 160 9000, and his has been no trouble at all and we both do similar rides.

scarthie99

Oct 14, 2018
leeds
Wiring on the Giants is terrible with inadequate waterproofing.
The app software doesn't work properly either.

I have a Giant Trance E+ 0 Pro, and when it's working I love it.
Unfortunately it, and my wife's similar one, have spent too much time not working.

A friend of mine has a Merida 160 9000, and his has been no trouble at all and we both do similar rides.
cheers for the info look at some post about the gaints trance have just put my off

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
cheers for the info look at some post about the gaints trance have just put my off

In a perverted kind of way I'm glad I bought mine, because it has taught me how great e-bikes are to ride (not just cheating) and it has also taught me what things to look out for, what goes wrong, what to avoid etc, that you'll never learn from reading a magazine group test done in Nevada. You need real world experience but unfortunately obtaining that is expensive.

I should have read some forum stuff first, but foolishly, I assumed that a product supposedly designed for off road use would have no problems doing off road use.

scarthie99

Oct 14, 2018
leeds
In a perverted kind of way I'm glad I bought mine, because it has taught me how great e-bikes are to ride (not just cheating) and it has also taught me what things to look out for, what goes wrong, what to avoid etc, that you'll never learn from reading a magazine group test done in Nevada. You need real world experience but unfortunately obtaining that is expensive.

I should have read some forum stuff first, but foolishly, I assumed that a product supposedly designed for off road use would have no problems doing off road use.
hello look at forum post about the gaint trance with problems with water and mud i will look at different make of bike but there very good spec bike for the price.but if live in the uk so my ride will ride all year round i ride peaks in winter that can kill a bike drive train and brakepads .cheers for info

cappuccino34

Nov 24, 2020
Helmshore
hello look at forum post about the gaint trance with problems with water and mud i will look at different make of bike but there very good spec bike for the price.but if live in the uk so my ride will ride all year round i ride peaks in winter that can kill a bike drive train and brakepads .cheers for info
When my Trance 0 is working it's great, now that I've got the suspension setup how I like it and I've changed the brakes for Magura MT7s because the Sram Code Rs were awful. It pulls well up hills, it turns well enough going down trails, it's a bit heavy on jumps but you just adapt your riding style to accommodate that.

Pads and drivetrain stuff wears out on all bikes. We live in Rossendale and the grit on the tops here is very abrasive, so that's a 'thing' on any bike.

What I find absolutely infuriating is that, after riding fine and turning off, it often doesn't want to turn back on. It's like having a car that won't start sometimes and, even if they are deemed to be 'good value' (there is MASSIVE profit in bikes, BTW) then a bike that doesn't work is no good, no matter what it costs.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles