DVO Topaz

UKPHOTO

May 21, 2018
United Kingdom
Tried searching but not enough letters for search term :-(

Has anyone fitted a DVO Topaz rear shock on their Levo?

I'm looking to change the stock rear Rockshox Monarch on my 2018 Carbon Comp. I'm assuming the "Stumpjumper" model is the one to order (DVO stated size 197 x 47.6)?

If anyone has, what mounting hardware do I also need to order?

Thanks

UKPHOTO

May 21, 2018
United Kingdom
For anyone looking to change their rear shock but not to coil, I can heartily recommend the DVO Topaz!

DVO have a stellar reputation for customer service, which I can attest to myself.
Their equipment is well made, extremely well packaged/presented and VERY easy to tune.
3 way compression, 9 click rebound and several tuning bands for air volume tuning (which can all be done with the shock in place on the bike, simplicity itself).
In short it's a very well made, extremely well backed up tuners dream.
After an extremely HOT 20 mile ride today (including single-track, road, downhill and some air time) it is a night and day difference to the RS Monarch RT it replaced.
It would be very hard to choose top modification I've made now, cranks, chainring, etc. as the shock is that good!

20180715_134525.jpg

20180715_134538.jpg

20180715_134609.jpg

Sophie777

Jul 3, 2018
Canada
For anyone looking to change their rear shock but not to coil, I can heartily recommend the DVO Topaz!

DVO have a stellar reputation for customer service, which I can attest to myself.
Their equipment is well made, extremely well packaged/presented and VERY easy to tune.
3 way compression, 9 click rebound and several tuning bands for air volume tuning (which can all be done with the shock in place on the bike, simplicity itself).
In short it's a very well made, extremely well backed up tuners dream.
After an extremely HOT 20 mile ride today (including single-track, road, downhill and some air time) it is a night and day difference to the RS Monarch RT it replaced.
It would be very hard to choose top modification I've made now, cranks, chainring, etc. as the shock is that good!

View attachment 3064

View attachment 3065

View attachment 3066
Can I ask you what bike stand is that in the last picture?
Thanks!

Julien

Jul 23, 2018
Lyon - France
Hi UKPHOTO, I ride a Turbo Levo too and would mount the same DVO Topaz Shocks, without Yoke, as you. Please, could confirm me that you choose the size 197 x 47.6? did you need some additionnal special bushing or harware parts? Thank you very much!!

UKPHOTO

May 21, 2018
United Kingdom
Hi UKPHOTO, I ride a Turbo Levo too and would mount the same DVO Topaz Shocks, without Yoke, as you. Please, could confirm me that you choose the size 197 x 47.6? did you need some additionnal special bushing or harware parts? Thank you very much!!
You need the Stumpjumper specific one. Would recommend new bushing but if bike not that old can reuse. Pretty simple swap over.

UKPHOTO

May 21, 2018
United Kingdom
Hi UKphoto, could you give your feedback about the Dvo Topaz vs RS Monarch on your Levo ? Far better ?

The Rockshox is a two position, non-piggyback shock, so rather different there.

The DVO is waaaaay more tweak able/tunable. For instance, I decided to try another air volume band in the positive side yesterday (I have been carrying more, camera/gimbal etc., and thus weighing more and wanted a more progressive feel. Same small bump response but longer to reach end of travel). It took literally 5 minutes. Release air, remove aircan o ring, slide down can, fit new band, put can/o-ring back on, re-inflating, all in situ on the frame!
As for ride/performance, it's hard to explain but plush yet responsive comes to mind. I have more "pop" over bumps etc allowing aerial fun and downhill it soaks up the terrain giving a planted and safe feel.
The three position switch has a definite change to shock performance and I find I use it a lot.
In a nutshell, it's not the best comparison to the original shock (being a different layout) but is a huge leap up in quality, performance and tunability.

Julien

Jul 23, 2018
Lyon - France
Many thanks, I just ordered it !

The DVO Topaz has been tested on my Turbo Levo this morning for the first time : I used a 26mmx8mm hardware DVO spare : 205 psi in the shocks, 180 psi in the bladder, no spacer and 3 click of rebound from fully closed (for 88kg geared) : perfect ! The bike stay high in his travel most of time but use 3/4 of travel on bump. I can feel the good job of oil with plenty of support (far better than the Monarch RT) on compression and rebound phases. The bike is More Lively under body impulse too !! It's my best upgrade ! Thank you UKPHOTO for the advice !

UKPHOTO

May 21, 2018
United Kingdom
The DVO Topaz has been tested on my Turbo Levo this morning for the first time : I used a 26mmx8mm hardware DVO spare : 205 psi in the shocks, 180 psi in the bladder, no spacer and 3 click of rebound from fully closed (for 88kg geared) : perfect ! The bike stay high in his travel most of time but use 3/4 of travel on bump. I can feel the good job of oil with plenty of support (far better than the Monarch RT) on compression and rebound phases. The bike is More Lively under body impulse too !! It's my best upgrade ! Thank you UKPHOTO for the advice !
You'll start playing with the bands and adjustment trust me ;-) it's sooooo easy to tweak this shock.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles