DVO Topaz T3 delivery pushed out to End of 2021 or later, now looking for an alternative for my med 2018 jam2 Carbon..recommendations?

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
Summer riding will be long over before the Topaz is delivered in the US. I do see some 210x55 Jade shocks available. Has anyone tried this on a Jam2 (2018 CF, medium?)

themoon

Sep 12, 2020
Ukraine
While not answering you question, still would be nice to know what are the other piggyback shock options for 2017/2018 jam2 size M. But the looks of it, fox float dpx 2 might also clear the frame? And if mounted upside down - hopefully diy battery pack (which you also have)?

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
While not answering you question, still would be nice to know what are the other piggyback shock options for 2017/2018 jam2 size M. But the looks of it, fox float dpx 2 might also clear the frame? And if mounted upside down - hopefully diy battery pack (which you also have)?
Yes I think the dpx2 would fit. I'm holding out for the DVO for now. My contact at DVO quit due to an extremely long commute he was making and I have to stay on top of the new contact to make sure I stay on the waiting list for my shock.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I ordered a DVO Topaz T3 at the back end of last year, I finally got one and fitted it on 24th Apr'21. What a fantastic shock! So much adjustment and the back end now feels bottomless and can keep up with the fork. Unexpectedly I saw a new "must have" bike and was extremely lucky enough to get one almost immediately. I am now selling the Focus Jam 2 9.6 NINE and I'm planning to refit the original shock and sell the Topaz separately. It is a 210 x55 (optional 50) I still have the spacer that makes the difference and it takes ten mins to fit (if that).

The Topaz has only done 347 miles, so it is nicely run in. Is anybody interested?

I still have the presentation box (cut-out foam and everything) and all the other gubbins that comes with it. I haven't thought of a price yet, but it was £450 new + delivery. Is there any interest?

Edit: I had a typo on the shock size, (not helpful at all!) corrected now.

Last edited:

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
I ordered a DVO Topaz T3 at the back end of last year, I finally got one and fitted it on 24th Apr'21. What a fantastic shock! So much adjustment and the back end now feels bottomless and can keep up with the fork. Unexpectedly I saw a new "must have" bike and was extremely lucky enough to get one almost immediately. I am now selling the Focus Jam 2 9.6 NINE and I'm planning to refit the original shock and sell the Topaz separately. It is a 255 x55 (optional 50) I still have the spacer that makes the difference and it takes ten mins to fit (if that).

The Topaz has only done 347 miles, so it is nicely run in. Is anybody interested?

I still have the presentation box (cut-out foam and everything) and all the other gubbins that comes with it. I haven't thought of a price yet, but it was £450 new + delivery. Is there any interest?
Too bad shipping would be so expensive for me. My new shock when it's available will cost me $465. including tax.

What bike did you get?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
steve_sordy possibly interested, however, stock shock on my bike was 210x55, don't think yours will fit?
Thanks for pointing out my error @Tooks . And yes, @themoon the shock is 210x55. Sorry for the confusion. I was on a few days hols or I would have responded sooner. Got a screw in my car tyre and had to get a new one fitted on the morning of departure; in the rush I forgot to take my laptop.

If you are still interested contact me by private message (envelope, top right of the banner).

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Too bad shipping would be so expensive for me. My new shock when it's available will cost me $465. including tax.

What bike did you get?
I thought so.

Picking up the bike tomorrow.
Merida eOne-Sixty 9000

1626177078677.png

First jobs, new grips, saddle, frame protection, suspension set up according to Fox. Then I'll go ride.

Then I'll have a Focus Jam2 9.6 NINE to sell.

1626887791442.png

Apart from WTB Vigilante 29x2.5 TCS Light High Grip instead of the Maxxis HRII shown it is pretty much as in the picture. The original grips and saddle have been refitted for sale.

1626887799544.png

Last edited:

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
I thought so.

Picking up the bike tomorrow.
Merida eOne-Sixty 9000

1626177078677.png

First jobs, new grips, saddle, frame protection, suspension set up according to Fox. Then I'll go ride.

Then I'll have a Focus Jam2 9.6 NINE to sell.

View attachment 67042
Apart from WTB Vigilante 29x2.5 TCS Light High Grip instead of the Maxxis HRII shown it is pretty much as in the picture. The original grips and saddle have been refitted for sale.

View attachment 67041
Jealous, we can't get a Merida here in the states or a LaPierre my other choice. Our options are severely limited and it really sucks!!!!

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
I just heard that the Topaz 210x55 will probably NOT be available this year. I've been trying to get one for about a year now and I'm looking for alternatives...Crane Creek maybe without the reservoir. Will it fit????

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I have mentioned this before, but to save people looking for it.
The 210x55 Topaz is the same as the 210x50 with a 5mm travel spacer inserted. It takes no more than ten mins to do, even if its your first time. You can also get 2.5mm travel spacers off eBay if you have a speccy and need 210x52.5.

I spent ages looking for a 210x55 when all the time lots of 210x50 were there right in front of me!!

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
Almost missed these deals on Pinkbike today. There were 2 IBIS take offs, DVO Topaz T3 210x55 for $400.-475. and one for $450. All unused and the last one came with the box, pump and more importantly all the volume spacers too. Volume spacers are also back ordered and not available. So I bought the last one for $400. and paid for the half the shipping. Should be here early next week if all goes well. Used paypal goods and services so protected and seems to be be a legit seller with good history too. FINALLY!!!

sdcoffeeroaster

Jul 22, 2018
San Diego, CA
@sdcoffeeroaster YEY!!! Success! You must be over the moon.

PS: If you get stuck for spacers, someone on here is doing 3D printing. I'm sure he could knock up a few very quickly. They are stress fee components after all.
Yes way over the moon, lol. I'll believe it when I have the shock on the bike and headed out to ride, lol.

I have access to a 3d printer but they are very thin and very flexible parts so might not come out that well on a printer The kit I bought has everything brand new including the spacers. There are still 2 more of these that are new and take offs that can be bought and shipped in the states for around $400. on pinkbike today.

My new 210x55 arrived a day late on 10/6 and I was able to install and ride it last night and it felt pretty good. I think I only used about 45mm of the 55mm travel and had some moderate hits. It clears my 250 wh DIY tec pack too, even the new on/off switch I recently installed. I rode it with 140 psi, 2 neg volume spacers and 1 positive, rebound about 3 clicks out from fully closed, 30+% sag. I just realized that full travel, 55mm, is not when the o-ring is about to come off but about 10 mm before that. I verified that I don't have the 5mm spacer so it is set up for 55mm travel. Next ride I decided to go with no volume spacers, 145 psi (closer to 30%) and rebound about 4 clicks from closed. I also have the bladder set to 170 psi.

IMG_0486.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

QXMD1064.JPG

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles