DH World Cup thread

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Her cursing all the way down the hill was beautiful. If you want to win, that's what you need inside. Greg is a head scratcher, crashing out on that berm inside line was a shock, almost like a rookie error, so out of character.

Spin

Dec 24, 2021
Australia
Minnaar was one of the first to go full 29" on a DH bike and never looked back. He said thatvwith the bigger wheels and a bigger frame proportional to the new wheel , he finally felt he had a bike that fitted him.
His results from that point onwards were impressive especially given his advancing age.

When I saw him in a pre race interview this weekend saying they were playing around with a mullet setup , I figured he was desperately searching for something that resembled the V10 that he had helped develop for many years. That thing had to be as close to perfect as he could ever hope for.
I didn't think he would do well on the Norco , he only just snuck into finals and then the crash.
Minnaar on a mullet alone looked wrong!

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
I was coming & going & hadn't noticed the mullet, that's a fair point. That V10 must have felt like a pair of old Crocs to Greg. Did notice him kick the bike when he got up though :D

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Her cursing all the way down the hill was beautiful. If you want to win, that's what you need inside. Greg is a head scratcher, crashing out on that berm inside line was a shock, almost like a rookie error, so out of character.
He couldn't pull on the jump to inside line because of his crash before that where he hurt his shoulder. WynTV finals video talks to his staff about it.

Erice is a weapon, will be one to give Vali and Nina a good battle in the coming years.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles