Devon, UK based 'not quite-noobie' here!

mossy.trails

Apr 4, 2022
Devon
Hi All. I'm Ryan, currently an analogue (booo) riding, trail nerd. I'm in west Devon, UK. Have been trail riding for a couple of years and looking to get my first emtb soon. I've put a holding deposit down on a Cube Stereo 160 HPC Race which is due in stock beginning of June, but i'm still keeping my options open. The LBS were cool about me changing my mind if I wish to before it arrives.

Either way i'll be set on getting a 160mm+ enduro machine. At the moment, i'm unsure on which way to go with either the Shimano EP8 or Bosch Gen 4 CX motor. By that I mean considerations for reliability, after sales support, turn around times on warranty work etc. Straight off the bat i'm not a fan of the look of the bosch purion display but I understand that a Kiox upgrade can be had for about £200. I've looked on here at both forum treads about each motor. Seems to me there isn't a clear front-runner. Once i've resolved that decision in my mind I think i'll be a lot clearer on which bike I get. For context, other bikes i've considered are the Canyon Torque:On and Vitus E-Sommet. Basically anything sub-£5k.

Sorry for the long 1st post! Look forward to chatting with you soon. Cheers.
Ryan

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles