Deore Freehub upgrade?

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
It took me months to get my mud wheels, and now that I need them, the rear Deore FH-M6010-B is acting up after only a few rides.

The freehub has slop, and I believe it's enough to compromise shifting.

IT'S NOT the cassette and lock ring as that's good and tight, but the body and with it, the cassette wobbles a bit. Its far more than on any of the other bike's I've tinkered with.

My question is, if there is an upgraded freehub body that can be used that doesn't break the bank?

Thanks in advance for any consideration.

Oh Yeah , almost forgot to mention the sob story part. All this is going while my OEM failed so I believe I'm only a few rides away from being out of comission with the Trance19?

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
No

But as with all shimano parts it will be under 2 warranty so get your LBS/Shimano service centre to return it.
Shimano freehub bodies are disposible items. ie. When they're done. replace

DrStupid

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Jul 10, 2019
Pleasureville Ky
No

But as with all shimano parts it will be under 2 warranty so get your LBS/Shimano service centre to return it.
Shimano freehub bodies are disposible items. ie. When they're done. replace
Point taken. Thanks.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Oh... hold on. You say the freehub body is wobbling? (But otherwise functioning fine?)
There may be a very easy fix.
Remove the cassette, then remove the axle and see if the freehub simply needs tightening properly to the hub body.
clean, re-build and grease.
The servicability of Shimano hubs is a selling point. Not that many folk ever bother. ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles