Decoy Sizing

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
Considering a Decoy Enduro Core 4. The sizes across the Decoy line seem to run small, with shorter reach than most bikes. How are you finding the Decoy fits you? Are you needing to size up? Does their recommended sizing fit? How has the bike been for you?

baldiebenty

Jun 30, 2020
Gloucester
I'm 5' 10'' and I sized up to an XL, partly because of availability at the time and partly because the L was smaller than my other bike and the XL was longer, I've since put a shorter stem on (10mm shorter than standard I think). I think I would have been quite happy on the L too and sometimes it'd be nice to have something a little less stable.

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I'm 5' 10'' and I sized up to an XL, partly because of availability at the time and partly because the L was smaller than my other bike and the XL was longer, I've since put a shorter stem on (10mm shorter than standard I think). I think I would have been quite happy on the L too and sometimes it'd be nice to have something a little less stable.
Thanks for the feedback. I am about the same height as you and was also thinking large. How do you like the bike? Any complaints or issues?

baldiebenty

Jun 30, 2020
Gloucester
I've had it 4 years now and only real problem of any note has been recently, I've a thread on here about it but basically the alloy sleeve which the main pivot goes through debonded/separated from the frame. That then led to a fair amount of flex in the rear.
YT are replacing the frame on warranty which is great but they also found that my battery was cracked (top and bottom) which means that needs to be replaced, which I'm not overly happy about as it isn't cheap.
Apparently you need to be REALLY sure that the battery is torqued up. I'm 100% sure I never rode with it loose (it wouldn't have run for a start) but that's impossible to prove and I think it's a bit of a design flaw with the battery "hanging" from the mountings to a certain extent.
Other than that little niggle/disagreement it's been a brilliant bike and I think I've covered near to 5000 miles on it (it's still with YT so I can't check that). It's not had an easy life with me, I'm not the most graceful of riders and it's stood up to the abuse/use quite admirably.
When I was waiting for YT to let me know what was going to happen I was having a hard time thinking about what I might have to replace it with.
I've had other minor maintenance niggles and issues (shimano mechs in particular) but I ride all year through in some pretty grim weather so you'd get that with any bike, ebike or not.

Cell4soul

E*POWAH Master
Jul 11, 2022
Mesa, AZ
I've had it 4 years now and only real problem of any note has been recently, I've a thread on here about it but basically the alloy sleeve which the main pivot goes through debonded/separated from the frame. That then led to a fair amount of flex in the rear.
YT are replacing the frame on warranty which is great but they also found that my battery was cracked (top and bottom) which means that needs to be replaced, which I'm not overly happy about as it isn't cheap.
Apparently you need to be REALLY sure that the battery is torqued up. I'm 100% sure I never rode with it loose (it wouldn't have run for a start) but that's impossible to prove and I think it's a bit of a design flaw with the battery "hanging" from the mountings to a certain extent.
Other than that little niggle/disagreement it's been a brilliant bike and I think I've covered near to 5000 miles on it (it's still with YT so I can't check that). It's not had an easy life with me, I'm not the most graceful of riders and it's stood up to the abuse/use quite admirably.
When I was waiting for YT to let me know what was going to happen I was having a hard time thinking about what I might have to replace it with.
I've had other minor maintenance niggles and issues (shimano mechs in particular) but I ride all year through in some pretty grim weather so you'd get that with any bike, ebike or not.
Awesome, great feedback, thank you.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Id say if your 5'10" and have long torso short inseam go xl or long leg w short torso go large. Tighter slower trails you may opt for large in any case. High speed bike park maybe xl

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles