• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 TM issue

pearlex

Jul 10, 2023
Koper Slovenia
I bought my first e-bike, a Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC TM 750 (2023). Now it has about 60-80km, and I just found out that when I ride it, stop pedaling and then start pedaling again, I feel two clicks on the pedal coming somewhere from the crankset, maybe... But I don't know. It's like the chain would be stretched twice. Has anyone ever had a similar issue? It does the same when the motor is on or off; it doesn't matter.

It still has the warranty but I don't even know if this is normal or not. My gf has a reaction hybrid and the does not do any of these.

Thanks for helping!

pearlex

Jul 10, 2023
Koper Slovenia
Well the dealer’s response:

“this is normal because the motor itself has a clutch system (beside a ratched on the back wheel).”

So I dont know. I’ll show it to then tho.

rugged

Jul 11, 2023
Gravesend
I bought my first e-bike, a Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 HPC TM 750 (2023). Now it has about 60-80km, and I just found out that when I ride it, stop pedaling and then start pedaling again, I feel two clicks on the pedal coming somewhere from the crankset, maybe... But I don't know. It's like the chain would be stretched twice. Has anyone ever had a similar issue? It does the same when the motor is on or off; it doesn't matter.

It still has the warranty but I don't even know if this is normal or not. My gf has a reaction hybrid and the does not do any of these.

Thanks for helping!
Hi Pearlex, I had a similar issue on a new Cube Stereo Hybrid 140 SLX. It might be worth checking your pedals, as they could have become loose. Additionally, I suggest examining the thread, as I discovered that the crank arm was stripped in my case.

jackamo

May 25, 2023
UK
Definitely check your pedals, I had the same on my 140 took a few hours to actually find it out which was very annoying as you said it happens when motors off.

pearlex

Jul 10, 2023
Koper Slovenia
Actually I like it a lot. It turned out that this is not even an issue my parents Kathmandu hybrids are doing the very same thing.

I have already around 400km so first service is coming slowly. I would say i suggest the bike, my front brake was funky and loud in the first 100-200km but now it also went away.

wenna

Aug 1, 2023
Sweden
Actually I like it a lot. It turned out that this is not even an issue my parents Kathmandu hybrids are doing the very same thing.

I have already around 400km so first service is coming slowly. I would say i suggest the bike, my front brake was funky and loud in the first 100-200km but now it also went away.
Ok thank you. Any water ingress to the battery compartment from that flimsy cover?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles