CUBE AMS Hybrid ONE44 C:68X SLX

vls

Jul 11, 2024
Slovakia
Well, after a long period of consideration, I switched to an e-bike, concretely the Cube AMS Hybrid One44 C:68X SLX. I've got it for more than 2 months, driven over 700 km, and I'm still delighted with it. The bike feels very light (officially 17.2 kg) what results to the fact that I only use motor support for ascending - statistically in less than 25% of the distance driven. According to the Flow app statistics, up to 75% of driven distance is without the motor, 22% on ECO, and 3% on TOUR+ mode. I don't use the other modes at all. Thus, I can drive more than 120km on a single charge (so far I’ve done max. 137km). Riding without a motor feels the same as on a classic bicycle, the drive does not put any additional resistance. I bought me also the 250Wh Range Extender, but there was no need to use it yet.
Then why did I switch to an e-bike then? There are several reasons:
As I get older, the problems with arthrosis of my knees started (especially the right one after an injury), but I still want to ride with my friends who are 7 or more years younger and not hold them back.
I also use to go on holiday trips with groups where electric bikes predominate because there are fewer and fewer people who ride normal bikes now, especialy in my age.
Another reason is, that my wife also had to switch to an e-bike because of knee problems, and you know, becoming electricians you somehow do not recognize whether you are going uphill or downhill and do not wait.
That's why I've been looking for a light e-bike with smaller battery and compact engine for a long time. But until now such bikes were still very expensive. For me, AMS Hybrid is the first price-acceptable bike that meets all my reqs - it has a truly unattainable value for money ratio.
Bike certainly does not lack performance, even though it requires a higher cadence for high performance. ECO mode is of course just a gentle lightening of the bike, but TOUR+ will shoot you like a rocket up any climb.
What did I change on the bike? Since I don't like modern short stems, I changed to a 70mm Newmen Evolution SL, I also do not prefer too wide handlebars, so I shortened them by 2 cm and I also changed the saddle to an SDG Bel Air. The rest fits me perfectly.
What annoys me? At the moment, I'm bothered by a soft knocking somewhere in the covered engine. I have already been at the Cube service center with it, but the service guy told me that it is normal for the Bosch engines, but I am still a bit afraid and it is annoying as well. Otherwise the bike is great and I can highly recommend it.

20240530_185427.jpg Mileage700.jpg

Last edited:

CalebDC

Jul 17, 2024
San Diego, CA
Great to hear you are still riding! I think it is great to hear ebikes help you stay on the trails. I have ridden the ONE44 a few times and I think they are great. The SLX is right around the sweet spot for weight and versatility. The SLT is great but is very weight oriented, The transfer SL dropper is something to get used to. In terms of the motor rattle, that is unfortunately a common occurance. The ONE44 has a bit less rattle than some of the other Bosch SX bikes I have ridden but is still present. Happy Trails!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles