Cube Actionteam 160 special build

golfatha

Jan 17, 2023
Northumberland
Hi I’ve decided to post some pics of my Cube Actionteam 160
I decided to basically strip everything off except forks and shock and change everything out as I love the bike & the colour scheme but just wasn’t happy with lots of the standard parts, so here goes
Hope Fortus 30 wheels complete with orange Hope pro 5 hubs & e-bike specific stainless steel free hub, Orange wheel graphics
Hope Tech 4 E4 black and orange brakes
Hope orange 203mm rotors
Hope sintered pads front & rear
Hope Tech 4, EV Shimano shifter mount
Hope blue e-bike 165mm cranks
burgtec penthouse 5 pedals
Hope orange 36 tooth chainring
KMC gold Ti-N X12 chain
Renthal fat bar light gold bars
Hope orange Gravity stem
WTB Silverado saddle
Hope orange bolted seat clamp
Hope orange jockey wheels
Bosch smart phone grip
Hope blue R32 speed sensor magnet
Maxxis Assegai Maxx Grip 2.5 Tyres front & rear running tubeless
Proguard direct bolt on front mudguard
sicomb cube stereo specific rear mudguard
4-Gold Kashima coloured water bottle

Standard parts left
Fox 38 forks
Fox float x shock
Fox transfer dropper post
Shimano XT Derraileur
Shimano XT shifter
Bosch Gen 4 motor
Bosch 750wh Battery
Carbon frame
Huge shout out to James from Start Cycles for all his help
IMG_3683.png
IMG_3687.png
IMG_3684.png
IMG_3690.png
IMG_3689.png
IMG_3680.png
IMG_3675.png
IMG_3676.png
IMG_3679.png
IMG_3672.png
IMG_3677.png
IMG_3669.png
IMG_9316.jpeg

Last edited:

8bit Barry

Jan 10, 2024
Devon
I just bought exactly the same bike - I got some orange coloured pedals and thought that was considered pimping it up a little...! Amazing components - your bike looks really good.

***Would you mind letting me know about why you changed any key components? I am not asking for everything (!) just ones you know have seriously improved things, as it will give me something to consider for the future.

I ride my Actionteam on roads / trails with an 'MTB bolt on', so nothing heavy, well not yet. I only bought the bike a few weeks back I am just settling into it. Not sure what would change as I like it all stock (probably as its my first eMTB). The stock seat is a bit of a block of wood, but every seat I have owed is pretty much the same, so I left it on there.

I am with you - I love the Cube Actionteam colour scheme. What sold it for me over a Whyte e160s was the 27.5" wheels, incredible handling. I am also so glad I got a bike with the Kiox 300. Planning routes on the Flow app is so good (other than its lousy Strava syncing nonsense, which I have given up on).

golfatha

Jan 17, 2023
Northumberland
I just bought exactly the same bike - I got some orange coloured pedals and thought that was considered pimping it up a little...! Amazing components - your bike looks really good.

***Would you mind letting me know about why you changed any key components? I am not asking for everything (!) just ones you know have seriously improved things, as it will give me something to consider for the future.

I ride my Actionteam on roads / trails with an 'MTB bolt on', so nothing heavy, well not yet. I only bought the bike a few weeks back I am just settling into it. Not sure what would change as I like it all stock (probably as its my first eMTB). The stock seat is a bit of a block of wood, but every seat I have owed is pretty much the same, so I left it on there.

I am with you - I love the Cube Actionteam colour scheme. What sold it for me over a Whyte e160s was the 27.5" wheels, incredible handling. I am also so glad I got a bike with the Kiox 300. Planning routes on the Flow app is so good (other than its lousy Strava syncing nonsense, which I have given up on).
Hi sorry for the delay just noticed this reply
I mainly changed nearly everything for Hope as I love there stuff plus it’s bombproof always loved there hubs there wheels cranks etc a lot of it is just for bling too hahaa, as for the saddle it killed me so changed that for a WTB Silverado and it’s like going from a kitchen stool to an arm chair no sore buttocks now I also bought a Bosch smart phone grip and I now use my I phone instead of the kiox and it all links to Strava/Komoot and just generally a larger screen and better for maps when planning routes on Komoot.
i also changed the speed sensor magnet as I had a times where the assistance would shut off motor still on but no assistance and when I looked at the standard magnet it wasn't a very good fit so now I have a Hope one attached to the rotor bolts on my Hope rotors and yes all brakes changed as Hope brakes are excellent

8bit Barry

Jan 10, 2024
Devon
Hi sorry for the delay just noticed this reply
I mainly changed nearly everything for Hope as I love there stuff plus it’s bombproof always loved there hubs there wheels cranks etc a lot of it is just for bling too hahaa, as for the saddle it killed me so changed that for a WTB Silverado and it’s like going from a kitchen stool to an arm chair no sore buttocks now I also bought a Bosch smart phone grip and I now use my I phone instead of the kiox and it all links to Strava/Komoot and just generally a larger screen and better for maps when planning routes on Komoot.
i also changed the speed sensor magnet as I had a times where the assistance would shut off motor still on but no assistance and when I looked at the standard magnet it wasn't a very good fit so now I have a Hope one attached to the rotor bolts on my Hope rotors and yes all brakes changed as Hope brakes are excellent
I’m definitely going to look at the phone adapter.

I also dug out an Ergon MTB seat and changed it over for the block of wood that came with the bike. Made a huge difference today, but still not convinced it’s the most comfortable out there, so that’s for the tip.

Doug85

Feb 8, 2024
Scotland
Hi the fit4 fork I have the same on my 23/24 model I just got a couple weeks ago I see you have the white sticker at top like onnthe black ones that says 27.5/29in are you running a 29 on front or the same 27.5? I'm just interested and confused abit with this sticker on the black fox 38s mine don't have that wheel size sticker and I'm sure it'd only for a 27.5 wheel but the mullet set up on the action team is ment to be fantastic but the head set needs changed for an angled one as the arcoss one crumbles with the set up but I'm not 100% sure on all this but I am concerned the headsets are of the cheapest type from what I've been reading and don't last long? Time will tell I suppose

golfatha

Jan 17, 2023
Northumberland
Hi the fit4 fork I have the same on my 23/24 model I just got a couple weeks ago I see you have the white sticker at top like onnthe black ones that says 27.5/29in are you running a 29 on front or the same 27.5? I'm just interested and confused abit with this sticker on the black fox 38s mine don't have that wheel size sticker and I'm sure it'd only for a 27.5 wheel but the mullet set up on the action team is ment to be fantastic but the head set needs changed for an angled one as the arcoss one crumbles with the set up but I'm not 100% sure on all this but I am concerned the headsets are of the cheapest type from what I've been reading and don't last long? Time will tell I suppose
Hi I’m running the standard 27.5 front and rear I presume it means the fork can run either wheel size,as for the headset I’m running into nearly 3000 miles now without a hiccup IMG_4499.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles