Cube 120 Vs Cube 140

Simminney

Jun 2, 2021
UK
Hey guys. Newbie here, I’ve kinda settled on a Cube Stereo 625, however I can’t decide whether to get the 120 (pro) or 140 (race). The travel isn’t my mine concern as my typical riding routes are tarmac/fire road/tracks and trails. But I’m wondering whether it’s worth the extra £500/600 for the carbon frame on the 140?

Just wondered whether there’s much of a benefit and am keen to get some opinions.

Cheers.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
For what you're doing the 120 should be fine. The 140 is only about 200 grams lighter and the 120 ally frame will be more resistant to knocks and bangs if you drop it or bash it against things.

Often there's lots of other component improvements when you go to a different model, but in this case there's nothing to really get excited about ! :)

Simminney

Jun 2, 2021
UK
Thank you for your reply. Do you think it would be worth the extra money to get the 120 race? The forks and kiox system look quite enticing ? Thanks again for your advice, there are so many options!

Cheers

Stevewild31

Jun 17, 2021
South Manchester
Hey guys. Newbie here, I’ve kinda settled on a Cube Stereo 625, however I can’t decide whether to get the 120 (pro) or 140 (race). The travel isn’t my mine concern as my typical riding routes are tarmac/fire road/tracks and trails. But I’m wondering whether it’s worth the extra £500/600 for the carbon frame on the 140?

Just wondered whether there’s much of a benefit and am keen to get some opinions.

Cheers.
So, what did you decide and did you find one? I'm in the same dilemma but as there's no stock of either I'll see what the 2022 range is...

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
I think the race version has fox forks and Shimano drivetrain and brakes. I’d definitely go for that. I’m also considering that bike at some point and prefer aluminium to carbon.

Simminney

Jun 2, 2021
UK
Hey guys, I ended up ordering a 120 Pro Allroad. I gave £3200 for it and have ordered a shed load of upgrades (dropper post, Hope carbon bars, DMR V11’s, Deathgrips etc). I figured that with the current demand and the way prices were going I’d prefer to have a bike here that I can spec up to my preference rather than waiting for the unicorn on the horizon..

I’m going to strip the carry rack off and maybe the mudguards and as I was intending on putting a wired light on it’ll save me a job ???

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles