Crestline Dual Crown Fork

ant02496

Jul 6, 2024
United States
Which dual crown fork should I get for the crestline?
Rear: Da new rockshox airshock with xl can
Front: Da new zeb 38 with the fancy damper.

Last edited:

CalebDC

Jul 17, 2024
San Diego, CA
If you are looking for a full 200mm Dual crown, I would often recommend the two most popular options. You might have guessed the Fox 40 and Rockshox Boxxer. I have heard great things about the new Buttercups on the Boxxer with the new chassis. As for any performance suspension, getting proper service and possibly a bushing burnish and tune is what I would recommend to start with. There is a lot of other options but in terms of reliability and simplicity. The two big brands are a great place to start. The others that come to mind are Ohlins, Formula, DVO and SR Suntour.

ant02496

Jul 6, 2024
United States
If you are looking for a full 200mm Dual crown, I would often recommend the two most popular options. You might have guessed the Fox 40 and Rockshox Boxxer. I have heard great things about the new Buttercups on the Boxxer with the new chassis. As for any performance suspension, getting proper service and possibly a bushing burnish and tune is what I would recommend to start with. There is a lot of other options but in terms of reliability and simplicity. The two big brands are a great place to start. The others that come to mind are Ohlins, Formula, DVO and SR Suntour.
Aye aye captain I'll buy the rockshox. The colors look better than the fox.

CalebDC

Jul 17, 2024
San Diego, CA
Do you think the dorado may be serviced in America california ? If so I might buy that one as well.
It depends on the area you are in. If you wanted to get it serviced locally, I would recommend finding a reputable local service center. Otherwise, there are plenty of service centers which you can mail your fork to which can service it for you.

ant02496

Jul 6, 2024
United States
It depends on the area you are in. If you wanted to get it serviced locally, I would recommend finding a reputable local service center. Otherwise, there are plenty of service centers which you can mail your fork to which can service it for you.
for the summer big bear snow summit, mostly in around a 200mile radius from LA.
do you recommend anyone? I see your in SD and your pfp is summit.
I like goldsmiths the best over here in bear.

CalebDC

Jul 17, 2024
San Diego, CA
for the summer big bear snow summit, mostly in around a 200mile radius from LA.
do you recommend anyone? I see your in SD and your pfp is summit.
I like goldsmiths the best over here in bear.
I personally have heard nothing but good word from Fluid Focus and Sickline MTB. Great work from both of those companies.

John_likes_bikes

Jul 17, 2024
california
+1 for the Boxxer. I think it compliments the Vivid perfectly. Not sure what "service" you're looking for off the bat but RS is super easy to work on for usual maintenance. If you're looking for a personal tune the few companies mentioned can help with any major brand. Fluid Focus has their own products/tune for the Charger which for me makes the Boxxer a better choice.

Lightme

Subscriber
Jul 17, 2020
Sydney
I just took the Boxxer off mine and replaced it with the new 3.1 Zeb at 190mm. I do prefer this over the dual crown - the slight reduction in travel and stiffness is worth the versatility you get back.

ant02496

Jul 6, 2024
United States
I just took the Boxxer off mine and replaced it with the new 3.1 Zeb at 190mm. I do prefer this over the dual crown - the slight reduction in travel and stiffness is worth the versatility you get back.
Nice :]

I ran the 3.1 for a month, sick fork.

For me it won't be worth it, I go big and fast. I ride every day, when park seasons over I might go back to the 3.1

RoJo

Apr 24, 2019
Surrey
Was it the new 38mm Boxxer you took off? The new boxxer is a hell of a lot better than the old one, night and day difference, better tracking more support while still having less fatigue and improved ride quality.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles