Levo Gen 2 Creak coming from rear end

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
creak has started on my 2019 expert . Has about 1800kms on the clock. I have checked motor bolts and suspension linkages . Happens whilst cranking. Ideas guys . . I think I would rather wait for something to break than take it to a bike shop . I can already see the dollars flashing in there eyes.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
These can be a pain to find the cause. I had a kind of plastic creak the other day, lubed the chain, sorted. I had a creak when pedaling over the last few months, reckon it might be worn bushings in the dropper as there was a huge amount of play and the creak disappeared if I sat on the nose of the saddle or stood up and pedalled. Put in an old dropper post (with a shim), creak disappeared. Post in to LBS for warranty stuff.

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
If not already done, remove the rear axle and grease it, especially thread and cone brass washer. Then tighten it back to specified torque and check if it resolves the creak.

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
I had same symptoms. I had to loose rear axle nut and tighten it again. That fixed it. I was able to replicate sound by using rear brake and pushing bike back and forward on solid ground.

ChrisH

Aug 5, 2019
Denmark
Had creaking from the rear while cranking, after much disassembly, cleaning and lubing.
It turned out, that dirt had worked its way in between the derailleur hanger and the frame, disassembled the derailleur hanger, cleaned it and added some park tool anti-seize compound before assembly and the creak was gone.

edit: added photo of the "problem area"

creakfix.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles