Converting 2018 Turbo Levo to Tubeless

AlanC

Sep 25, 2018
Colorado, USA
Hello,

I'm interested in converting my 2018 Turbo Levo to Tubeless.

My understanding is that the wheels and tires are tubeless ready (2bliss) and that all I need are some valve stems and the sealant.

Will any generic valve stem work? Such as Stans?

I've also read where some of these bikes are supposed to come with the valve stems, but I bought a demo bike and they were not included. Can anyone confirm that the 2018 Turbo Levo should have come with tubeless valve stems?

Here are the specs for my bike:

Men's Turbo Levo FSR 6Fattie/29 | Specialized.com

Tires: Butcher, GRID casing, Gripton compound, 2Bliss Ready, 27.5 x 2.8""
Rims: Roval Traverse 27.5, hookless alloy, 38mm inner width, tubeless ready, 24/28h

Thanks for your help!

Alan

eabmex

Patreon
Jun 8, 2018
Guadalajara, Mexico
Stans stems will work just fine, just install the stems and add sealant following the instructions of one of the may YouTube videos. I prefer to add the sealant removing the valve core after the tire has been properly seated to avoid making a mess.

Peko

Sep 23, 2018
Germany
You can use all tubless valve stems. They should be delievered with your bike.
But also have a look at the MILKIT valve system. Easy checking the sealant level.

A little bit tricky is getting the tire on the rim. A compressor is helpful.
And have a short ride after finishing the modification

Last edited:

JanCapek

Aug 16, 2018
Czech Republic
Hi, I just yesterday wanted to switch to tubeless but ran into unexpected problem. I got tubeless valves with new bike, but I am unable to place it properly to rim as hole in outer side of the rim seems to be too small. No matter how hard I press valve, it will not sit properly - I can put through only screw-thread part. o_O

Does somebody experience same problem? :unsure:
20180926_085300.jpg
20180925_165854.jpg

Panigale

Sep 13, 2018
Norway
Ritchey, and Swiss has been my trusted valv`s for years on a lot of different rims, Works great.
To me it seems your valve are for a particular rim? or it is missing something ?

WEB_Image%20DT%20Swiss%20Tubeless%2040%20mm%20Ventil%20MTB%20ROAD%20%2009070-40-103437836.jpg

WEB_Image%20Ritchey%20Tubeless%20Ventil%20Tubeless%20ventil%20%205601187435106.jpg

JanCapek

Aug 16, 2018
Czech Republic
I don't know, these I got from Specialized store in the box together with my Levo. :) I will try to fit there another valves soon, but it is strange..

Krisj

Patreon
May 1, 2018
Sheffield
Mine fitted fine when I bought my Levo
Check the dimension on the spoke side of the rim , by offering the valve in that way just to check it’s correct through the rim.
If it fits that way look on the inside of the rim to see if it’s excess rim tape fouling it which my need trimming back.
Always use a compressor to seat the tyre on the rim too.
Hope this helps

Taiga

Sep 6, 2018
Canada
Hi, I just yesterday wanted to switch to tubeless but ran into unexpected problem. I got tubeless valves with new bike, but I am unable to place it properly to rim as hole in outer side of the rim seems to be too small. No matter how hard I press valve, it will not sit properly - I can put through only screw-thread part. o_O

Does somebody experience same problem? :unsure:
View attachment 5575 View attachment 5576
Yes I did, yesterday. I called my lbs and they told me to press harder. It worked. By the way I put the o ring inside the rim it seems to fit better, but I wasn't sure.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles