Convert from rim to rotor magnet?

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Sorry I've read the whole voima thread and couldn't find an answer.
Is it possible to convert from rim magnet to rotor magnet by buying the kit and fitting it, or is a visit to a Bosch dealer required?

I gather the rotor magnet is preferable if you wish to go a little faster..

Sander

Dec 29, 2022
NL
Sorry I've read the whole voima thread and couldn't find an answer.
Is it possible to convert from rim magnet to rotor magnet by buying the kit and fitting it, or is a visit to a Bosch dealer required?

I gather the rotor magnet is preferable if you wish to go a little faster..

Megabobra! ;)

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Pole answered my query today. A visit to the dealers is required.
The parts needed to convert are off the shelf Bosch.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Can you share the info? There are probably others who are curious.
Unverified but I think it's these bits needed. Cables come in different lengths so would have to be measured.
Plus a suitable rotor magnet of course.

Screenshot_20231028-075113.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
There was a rumour that if you could convert from spoke to rim but not rim to spoke - sounds unlikely though !!

I think Pole have to approve the chance with the bikeshop or provide a code for the bikeshop to use in the Bosch software..

I heard you were also moving the the USA with the bike as soon as you've had the change done .... ;)

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
There was a rumour that if you could convert from spoke to rim but not rim to spoke - sounds unlikely though !!

I think Pole have to approve the chance with the bikeshop or provide a code for the bikeshop to use in the Bosch software..

I heard you were also moving the the USA with the bike as soon as you've had the change done .... ;)
Yes it's all rumours and vague truths until I actually do it(assuming I buy a voima) unless someone who has actually done it chimes in.
It would be pretty tough going back to a 15mph restricted ebike after 4 years of a 20mph gen1 and an unrestricted gen2 kenevo.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles