Controversial topic warning. Flats vs Clips Video!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Nicely made and presented video. You come across really well in your videos but with all the contradictions, incorrect information and the fact you seem to be a reletaive noob yourself, I personally didn't really see a whole lot of need for watching it. Don't be sorry though.
Well.. .except for the bit about Sam Hill

FYI Hill would absolutely NOT be as quick a DH or enduro racer on clips. Thinking this shows great naivety and lack of understanding of his riding style.

TLDR? - Watch MOAR SAM HILL 11!11!

OldGoatMTB

E*POWAH Master
Mar 24, 2020
No controversy with me. Everyone is free to ride what they want. But I’ll give up my Time ATACs when you pry them off my cold, dead feet.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
nice vid mate but these vids are always about going from flats to clips.. ive done 20 years in clipless pedals and Ive picked up every bad habit you can get from them, but when I got the ebike I went to flats and it was a huge struggle, 6 months later, its still a struggle but im getting better.

moar clips to flats (for noobs) vids !

Last edited:

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
raised on a mot x bike , thers no way i could clip my feet on the bike, it would be like a jockey sitting on a office chair on his horse

Still dropping the inside leg in the corners? :p:p

I used to race MX and did few MX2 races back in the day. I remember getting unofficially coached by Stefan Everts who was managing the Factory KTM team at the time. He said if you want to learn how to race in Belgian sand you need to "keep your f#$kin feet on the pegs" he was known for taping his riders feet to the pegs and making them ride consecutive laps till they fell over!! MADNESS!! never understood why but then again, he's the world champ and I now work in an office. :cautious::cautious:

55plusmxinsanity

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 18, 2019
Apple Valley, California
I was a roadie ten years ago, clipless; but now an emtb’er, 10 months, flats. I recently rode some road segments with flats on my gravel bike, non electric with flats, and killed my PR’s from a decade ago.

I really like the feel of my Raceface flats wearing Pro BMX VANS. I find that I can still pull up yet have the confidence of full contact foot to pedal.

BenRoberts_EMTB

Author
Jun 8, 2019
Snowdonia
Sadly much of what I said (especially in reference to Sam Hill) was in reference to a section of the video I had to cut (I contract for a well known ebike youtube channel and used a few clips from a shoot last year with Fabien Barel. Sadly I couldn't get permission to use the footage so had to cut it).

These videos are mostly for entertainment so I'm pleased many of you made it to the end. Even you @Gary ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles