Connection issues

David Dobson

Nov 9, 2019
Ireland
Mornin guys,
I bought a Kona 160 which is just super but I am having trouble connecting the Steps system by BT to my Samsung S8. After many many attempts it connected once to it but it won't connect to it now. It finds it but it won't recognise the 000000 password. I saw where some people suggested to other users with similar probs to remove the SM8000 connection from the phone but it isn't actually saved in the BT devices in the phone. Is there any way to reset the password or change it to something else that it would accept or is the phone the problem ? This is so f######g annoying and its doing my head in. I would really like some help/advice here
Kind regards
David

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Sounds odd.

Sometimes the code can be different, like 123456 or something completely random if someone at the shop decided to change it. But you say your's has connected once, so it can't be that.

There were some connection issues reported a few months back (maybe search for "shimano bluetooth" or similar) I think in the end they were generally related to a similar security changes to the bluetooth drivers on both iphone and android devices. One fix was to roll back the bluetooth driver on the phone to a previous version and that fixed it.

This was another thread :

Esteps 8000 won't device pair due to incorrect Pin - EMTB Forums

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles