Levo Gen 2 Comp Rockshox Lyrik RC 29 150mm -> 160mm travel increase.

Jan 2, 2021
South Wales
Firstly hi and Happy New Year to you all, secondly this is my first post so hopefully I've posted in the correctly place?!

I'm looking to upgrade the Rockshox Lyrik RC 29 forks that came fitted as standard to my 2020 Levo Comp, they are currently 150mm travel but I would like to increase them to 160mm when I fit the upgraded Charger 2.1 RC2 damper. I have recently purchased the Debonair Seal Head and Nut upgrade kit but I'm curious to know if this will automatically increase the travel to 160mm or will I also need to purchase a longer air shaft, thanks.

Cheers,

Matt.

Eduardoramundo

Aug 8, 2019
Glasgow
Firstly hi and Happy New Year to you all, secondly this is my first post so hopefully I've posted in the correctly place?!

I'm looking to upgrade the Rockshox Lyrik RC 29 forks that came fitted as standard to my 2020 Levo Comp, they are currently 150mm travel but I would like to increase them to 160mm when I fit the upgraded Charger 2.1 RC2 damper. I have recently purchased the Debonair Seal Head and Nut upgrade kit but I'm curious to know if this will automatically increase the travel to 160mm or will I also need to purchase a longer air shaft, thanks.

Cheers,

Matt.

You need a longer air shaft. Send the seal head kit back as the air shaft will come with this anyway.

Jan 2, 2021
South Wales
Thanks Eduardoramundo I did actually think this when I purchase the Seal Head and Nut only, then I decided to up the travel. I'll send this back and purchase it with the correct 160mm air shaft, much appreciated ?

francesco_16

Mar 29, 2021
colombia
Thanks Eduardoramundo I did actually think this when I purchase the Seal Head and Nut only, then I decided to up the travel. I'll send this back and purchase it with the correct 160mm air shaft, much appreciated ?
Hi, could you finally increase the travel on your fork?? I´m trying to do the same but really lost. Please let me know if theres a way. Thanks

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
To increase travel on a suitable RS fork you just buy a new air spring assembly of the size you want. The Debonair 2.1 kit is what you need. Look up on YT for changing the air spring..............it is an easy enough DIY job done as part of a lower leg service.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles