Colored rotors

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
I am looking to buy my first emtb brake rotors and since I have a few blue colored items on my bike it would be cool if the brake rotors would also be in blue color. Has anyone any experiences if the color stays on them forever or are they usually just painted and if the braking power is the same as on the usuall silver brake rotors?

Many thanks.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
If you're talking about color on the rotor arms or carrier, it shouldn't matter - get whatever color floats your boat.

If the color is on the braking track, run away and don't back. That's the mark of a manufacturer who has their priorities all wrong.

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
Assuming you are referring to say Hope rotors with the coloured centres, they are anodised and yes the coating stays on them forever unless you scratch it off.

Braking power is unaffected as the braking surface does not (and should not) have any coating at all.

Streddaz

Jul 7, 2022
Tasmania
I am looking to buy my first emtb brake rotors and since I have a few blue colored items on my bike it would be cool if the brake rotors would also be in blue color. Has anyone any experiences if the color stays on them forever or are they usually just painted and if the braking power is the same as on the usuall silver brake rotors?

Many thanks.
Something like these?
1666227242139.png

If so, it will wear off as soon as you touch the brakes.
If you want a blue look, find a really big steep hill and ride down it and drag your brakes the whole way ;)

BojanZ

Oct 10, 2022
Slovenia
Yes, I meant the colored ones like those HS1 rotors. I was assuming it will wear off, so I ordered ones with only blue arms and the braking area is silver.

Many thanks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles