Levo Gen 3 Check that rear axle...

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Relatively new Gen 3 Levo S-Works, was making a bit of noise under pedaling load. Thankfully it was just the rear axle that had worked its way loose. I'll make a habit of checking it before every ride from here on out!

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I grease axles with anti-sieze grease (including thread) and tight it with specified torque, never had loosing issue ...

flash

Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
I do a full M check every dozen rides and a quick inspection when I wash the bike. Stuff still comes loose (I didn't retighten my seat properly after adjusting it.) but it's less often and almost alway user error..

Gordon

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
I haven`t got any problems with my 21 Turbo axels, but my Status had really weird rear axle with bolted on handle and after second time it came loose at bike park I changed it to Newmen axle. I changed also the ugly Fox QR lever axle from fork to Wolftooth, much better looking now 😀

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I think lever axles are often not torqued enough.....especially on the back wheel. Usual rear hub torque is 15nm. To achieve that with a 100mm lever should be hard enough to leave a dent in your hand!! ........the thread also needs to be clean and lightly greased .

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
This is a common issue with modern bikes, you periodically need to check that everything is tight, more frequently if you are doing a lot of rough descending. It’s also worth doing a bolt torque check on the whole bike when it’s new - the bike shop *should* have done that, but I have had multiple new bikes where stuff was loose from new.

I was chatting to a guy on a lift in morzine a couple of years ago who had a nasty crash the day before because the back axle on his kenevo fell out. Mine is always (ok, usually) torqued to spec and hasn’t had any issues, but the back end on my analog bike rattled loose in Italy this summer and I know it was torqued to spec the previous week.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Mine came loose a few times in the early days on the Kenevo. I think I then over torqued it (it never came loose again :) ) ... as it stripped trying to remove it ..

It's had a Torx bit (not a torx plus in case anyone from the other thread quesitons it) hammered in for the last year which works well ... (I don't recall receiving the @Doomanic mechanical sympathy award of the week, must be in the post still)

Seen as it has all it's motor bolts done up tight now and new motor covers, plus it's getting all new bearings this week - I probably should treat it to a new axle ..

1662553208725.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles