Changing SRAM calipers

shaunculliss

Sep 14, 2019
Shropshire
Hi.
I am looking to change the rear brake on my base Levo FRS from the SRAM Level T to Guide RE or Code R
Does anyone know if I am able to just change the lever and caliper without having the change the brake hose which is threaded through the frame?
Also is there a compatibility issue with the banjo?

Last edited:

shaunculliss

Sep 14, 2019
Shropshire
Thanks. I assume they require some bleeding once fitted?
Is there a compatibility issue with the banjo?

Last edited:

chrisdut

Aug 21, 2019
Chester
I changed my base levo Level T's to Guide R's.

Used the original brake pipe for the rear and all was ok, just needed to bleed up the brakes

The only problem I encountered was lever travel (more for the rear then the front) levers set the same but my rear brake had about 5-10mm more travel

I found I needed to "advance" the pistons a little and nows its all ok

shaunculliss

Sep 14, 2019
Shropshire
It’s not that hard to change rear brake line. Use the resources we have here on emtb.

Yeah I have been reading up here how to thread through a new line. My theory is that it's easier to leave the existing one in if I can reuse it with a new caliper and lever rather than threading through a new one too. The bikes only a few weeks old so line should be undamaged and clean.

Hbmtr

May 6, 2019
N.CA. USA
Yeah I have been reading up here how to thread through a new line. My theory is that it's easier to leave the existing one in if I can reuse it with a new caliper and lever rather than threading through a new one too. The bikes only a few weeks old so line should be undamaged and clean.
I have a 19 Levo comp that I upgraded the brakes to some Magura Mt7 pro. Hence the reason to change brake line. I agree if only changing calipers or masters you would not need to change lines

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles