Levo Gen 3 Chainring offset SRAM 34T vs 36T vs Praxis eRing 36T

IOUZIP

Jun 8, 2022
USA
I wanted to find out what if any difference there was between the 3 chainrings I measured. The offset between the SRAM x-sync-2 36T (aluminum) and SRAM x-sync-2 34T (steel) and Praxis eRing (steel) 36T is very close but I did get a difference in offset. I used a digital mic and a Spider Chainring Adapter for my measurements on a glass table. So not exactly perfect but close. So my measurements are SRAM 34T (steel) is the base at 0. The SRAM 36T (aluminum) is -1.2 mm closer to the motor. The Praxis chainring is + .3 mm farther away from the motor. So for people who need to maximize the space between the frame and chainring and you want a 36T chainring you have a reason to stick with steel chainrings.

IOUZIP

Jun 8, 2022
USA
Installed the Praxis 36T and stock chain guide on my 2022. Chain guide I modified with a dremel to gain the 3mm needed to fit the 36T chainring. Thanks to this forum I've learned so much.

1677364223883.png

IOUZIP

Jun 8, 2022
USA
The dremel grinding I did to get the chain guard to fit was to the stud and mounting bracket. Took some time to get the two pieces to fit but no issues with installing and clearance is perfect.
Painted bare metal areas with enamel afterwards.
1677518499625.png

Chocolatelegs

Sep 8, 2023
Uk
Hi. Did you have any issues with the chainline with fitting the praxis to the Gen 3 ? As I believe the standard sram x sync 2 chainring has a 3mm offset. And going by the measurements taken above this would be correct Thanks

IOUZIP

Jun 8, 2022
USA
I have not had any issues with the 36 tooth Praxis chainring. Clearance is good and shifting is excellent. Chainguide mod is not needed IMO.

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Do you find the chain rubs on the inside of the chain guide. My chain is within a bee's dick of it but the joining link clips it as it passes through each rotation

IOUZIP

Jun 8, 2022
USA
No rubbing of chain guide with good clearance. The extra time it takes to grind down the guide may not be worth it for some. For us that like to make modifications it was nice to make it work.

Reactions: iXi

Chocolatelegs

Sep 8, 2023
Uk
Do you find the chain rubs on the inside of the chain guide. My chain is within a bee's dick of it but the joining link clips it as it passes through each rotation
I removed the chain guide as it’s not like the Gen 2 versions where you can just twist the whole thing around to fit the bigger ring & I’ve not bothered to modify it. The inside plate has a small pin that sits in a hole in the frame so have just left that piece there.

IMG_6071.png

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles