• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Chain and cassette problem on turbo levo

Bwian

Mar 29, 2022
Danmark
Hello all you smart People 😊

I have resently put a new Chain and cassette on my 2020 levo, my problem is when i am putting pressure (uphill) the chain jumps, like the cassette or chain is worn, but they are new. The problem is only in 1 gear only, Can i do something or should i try new and better Chain and cassette.

Bwian

Mar 29, 2022
Danmark
Thanks for all replies 😊

It is gear 5 and only gear 5, That is whats weird, cassette and chain is some Weird brand, cheap ones i tried, and maybe that is the problem, mech ganger has been checked, its fine.

Amber Valley Guy

Oct 15, 2023
Alfreton
I had a similar problem, new chain, only 3mm and a bit stretch over 60" on the old chain, so naff all, but the new chain catched / refused to play nicely in 8th. I played with the mech screws and eventually found a position that was better but in no way perfect, it would still catch the larger sprocket above in certain places and skip a sprocket. So I pulled out my trusty vernier and measured the chains width, lo and behold it was plus 0.15mm over width in about 1/3 of it's length (measured at the rivets). That's probably the problem, the tolerances on 12 speed are so tight. Luckily for me, after about 20 miles or so, it bedded in, and I've never had such quick gear changes before. I truly believe factory mech set up isn't that great, it's 'near enough' but not optimal.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles