Levo Gen 2 Cassette rubbing

Ispysi

Jul 2, 2020
Shrewsbury
When cleaning my 2020 turbo Levo comp after last ride, I noticed the cassette is rubbing on the chainstay protector. Has anyone else experienced this and what should I do about it? Thanks.

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Is it actually rubbing, or are there marks on the chainstays cover to suggest it has rubbed? My chainstays cover has marks, from installing the wheel, I used to do this with the mech set for the outermost sprocket but this was really tight and I did gouge the protector. Now I set the mech for the middle of the cassette, much easier.
Edited because I was talking Billy Bo!!ocks, must be an age thing.

Last edited:

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
When cleaning my 2020 turbo Levo comp after last ride, I noticed the cassette is rubbing on the chainstay protector. Has anyone else experienced this and what should I do about it? Thanks.

I had same problem. I cut some some electricity tape to tiny pieces and put all pieces together until stack was littlebit higher than space between guide and motor. Then I put that tape behind the guide. That tape is twisting that guide outwards so chain won't touch guide anymore.

congerball

Jun 3, 2019
Yorkshire UK
I had same problem. I cut some some electricity tape to tiny pieces and put all pieces together until stack was littlebit higher than space between guide and motor. Then I put that tape behind the guide. That tape is twisting that guide outwards so chain won't touch guide anymore.
I’m not sure that’s what he means ? although I could be wrong...I think he means that his higher gears (the small cogs for people like me?) on the cassette are catching or have been catching on the chain stay plastic protective sleeve thingy. Specifically the bit that bulges very close to the higher gears???
I’ve had a look at mine and it’s slightly chewed up too. I might shave a bit more off and tidy it up if I can be arsed ?

fraatti

Jun 1, 2020
Finland
I’m not sure that’s what he means ? although I could be wrong...I think he means that his higher gears (the small cogs for people like me?) on the cassette are catching or have been catching on the chain stay plastic protective sleeve thingy. Specifically the bit that bulges very close to the higher gears???
I’ve had a look at mine and it’s slightly chewed up too. I might shave a bit more off and tidy it up if I can be arsed ?

I think I should read more carefully. :D
I had chain rubbing to chainguide.

pHAZTUL.png

Mike C

Jan 23, 2020
Ramona, CA
Well, it's been almost a year after your post but I noticed the same thing yesterday on my 2019 Levo. The smallest and next largest cog on the cassette (not the chainring) has been rubbing a little on the rear part of the chainstay protector. But I just ignore it because the protector is bolted in place and can't be moved. No big deal. The rubber is soft enough no harm can be done. It's not like I'm maxed out on the small cog very often (if ever).

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
I had a similar problem over the weekend. I heard noises coming from what I thought was the motor and thought that my motor was dying. Confirmation bias maybe?? After a while, I noticed that it was only on the lower gears.

Once I got home I realised that the chain guide must have twisted a bit when I was checking all my bolts. Twisted it back and the noise has gone. Felt a bit stupid, but very relieved.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles