Levo Gen 3 Cascade Linkage info for Levo

RodneyH

May 28, 2023
Orange County
Ive recently purchased a base Levo Carbon and been in process of building it with parts that I have mostly already had kicking around, along with a few upgrades I have purchased. I do run a Fox 38 in 170mm travel, and I prefer more vs less travel and especially makes more sense on an eMTB were efficiency doesn't matter as much.

That being said, is there a thread where owners discuss the linkage? Tuning recommendations, air pressures, etc? I do see one for the long travel shock/linkage combo and when I do a search, I see some that have been for sale, but not finding a ton of other user info a discussion (I might just not be seeing it).

Anyway, my suspension set up in Perfomance Elite Fox 38 180mm travel, Rear is Float X Performance Elite and I weight 200lbs. I got the Silver Cascade link (wanted Orange, but they no longer do them in Orange) and Black, while really clean, maybe looked too clean/stock, so I went with silver/bare aluminum. Love the quality.

If there is a dedicated thread, please point me that way instead of chopping off my head, and ill delete this thread. Thanks
IMG_7289.jpeg
IMG_6845.jpeg
lower pic is of course prior to adding the link

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
You'll need more PSI with that link than you did previously - Also, take out all the PSI of the shock to make sure you don't have any clearance issues (I am but a slightly different setup).

Then I'd run the same compression and rebound you were before the link and if you aren't sure go with what Specialize suggests on their site as a starting point. (other than your PSI will need to be higher and set it at 30% sag).

The problem you'll find is other than PSI some prefer a shock with more rebound settings others like less compression, etc.. The specialized settings are a good starting point. For the front shock just say you have a Levo Expert and use those settings as a starting point.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles