Carrera Vengeance e bike handlebar height

Ian W

Jul 13, 2020
Scotland
I've had a Carrera Vengeance e bike for over 2 years and it does a great job for me, based on my cycling style (Not too much off roading). My shoulders and back have been playing up for a few months and even after some physiotherapy, not 100% so I would like to see if it's possible to raise the height of my handlebars to save me bending so much. I have taken a look at the set up, and it looks as if there are spacers there. I don't want to mess around too much and hope someone with more knowledge can advise what the solution would be, if indeed there is one.

I've attached a photo. Any help you can give would really be appreciated.

20200713_182553.jpg

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
That is an a-headset type design and you cannot adjust for any more height, the spacers are already under the stem. You can buy adaptors to raise or replace the stem for one with more height, and/or you could buy higher and more swept bars. Often when people want higher bars having more 'sweep' (bar curves backwards so grips are closer to the rider, less reaching with the arms) can also help.

Best bet would be to talk to a reputable bike shop about it as we cant suggest which is best without seeing you and the bike. Id try a bike shop before Halfords if possible, as good as they can be (as an ex-Halfords guy) its a bit pot luck as to the experience of the technician you speak to, a bike shop is usually a bit better. The parts you need should be cheap, so getting their experience vs online purchase will be only a small cost difference on the part.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles