Carbon frame creeking and cracking

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
I have a cube with carbon frame, for the last 3 rides its started a cracking noise at the same area you mention. Honestly, there's no play in the head stock and no notchy feeling in the bearings. I dropped the forks and regreased the lower and upper bearings after a clean and the noise has gone.
Incidentely they were still well greased but the job cured my noise. Drop the forks and re do ?

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
I have a cube with carbon frame, for the last 3 rides its started a cracking noise at the same area you mention. Honestly, there's no play in the head stock and no notchy feeling in the bearings. I dropped the forks and regreased the lower and upper bearings after a clean and the noise has gone.
Incidentely they were still well greased but the job cured my noise. Drop the forks and re do ?
Yes that was my nxt step i only had a full service 50 miles ago at spes shop it all so does it when i pedal

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
have you just checked the bar clamps? loosen, clean and a light grease up could be it..
BTW, mine does the same when I accelerate hard and pull on the bars.

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
Sorted the creeking at the head stock stipped and greased head bearings but still have a creek from the motor ??‍♂️
My motor creaked like crazy after replacement. The two rear mounts hidden behind the cables just in front of the chainstay linkage were both not torqued so when I nipped them up the creaks went away. Make sure you have an accurate torque wrench or calibrated elbow when checking the motor bolts as they can snap if over tightened (18Nm).

Ripping g

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 8, 2019
West yorkshire
My motor creaked like crazy after replacement. The two rear mounts hidden behind the cables just in front of the chainstay linkage were both not torqued so when I nipped them up the creaks went away. Make sure you have an accurate torque wrench or calibrated elbow when checking the motor bolts as they can snap if over tightened (18Nm).
? i will double check them tday it was only serviced or supposed to have been 70miles ago looking at the head bearings its not been done right

C96169F5-DB15-45DD-8A1C-DDB72AD21A61.jpeg

9503D354-B31A-466C-9622-FB0FAFA722F4.jpeg

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
Grease the shit out of every single joint, bolt, bearing and torque it to spec. It should go away if the frame is not cracked. Don't forget the pedals and headset.

skyhigh levo

Dec 12, 2020
california
Mine did the same exact thing after motor replacement but my problem was deeper. Removed the motor and found the two nuts for these rear bolts were installed improperly. I initially tightened them like you did but creek was back after a few rides. Picture shows scars left behind after I removed the nuts.
Over 200 miles now and creek is gone!

Rear Nut Locations Scared from improper installation.JPG

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles