Cable grommets for frame?

CaptAngry

Jun 21, 2023
Denver
Did anyone else's Relay come without any sort of cable grommet on the dropper cable and rear brake hose? Not sure if mine were missing or no one got them, but I didn't like the "floppy cables". I took out the remaining plug blank, and used CAD to draw up a replacement for 3D printing.

Printed in TPU at super high detail. They aren't a perfect fit, so I may resize them a few more times but for now they aren't moving, and keeping the cable tight.

relay_cable_grommet_CAD.png
relay_cable_grommet_3.png

relay_cable_grommet_1.png
relay_cable_grommet_2.png

Pigeon14

Aug 25, 2024
Edmonton
Hey would you be willing to share the STL? Your model looks great and it would save me the time in modeling them myself!

CaptAngry

Jun 21, 2023
Denver
I'll try and remember to upload the models to printables tonight. I want to make a few tweaks first

ehfour

Feb 28, 2024
Vancouver
Had a buddy print me a few, in fine detail

I couldnt get the brake grommet to fit, but the dropper and mech derailleur cable were fine. Workshop dropped tests, just the 2 stopped 90% of my cable rattle..

Thanks

cable.jpg

CaptAngry

Jun 21, 2023
Denver
I couldnt get the brake grommet to fit
Glad to hear they (mostly) worked out. When he printed them, did he print both sizes? The grommet for the brake line is thinner walled to handle the larger diameter of the brake hose vs cable.

ehfour

Feb 28, 2024
Vancouver
Ya we printed both and noted the difference in wall thickness, I think it was more about them being so thin and him not using Super high Detail. Try #2 coming soon

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles