Bullit Changing from Codes to Saints

Phatboi

Jun 24, 2021
Cardiff
Any one swapped their stock brakes to saints? I'm a shimano brakes Guy so will be doing this as soon as the Bike arrives. However i've read that the Bullit comes as a 200mm stock fitting (rear) and requires a 1.5mm spacer to accomodate 203mmm rotors. I'm thinking of just using spare washers to get the 1.5mm space but would like to hear if anyone has found these 1.5mm spacers.

Anyone got an XT spec Bullit? i'm guessing they must be fitted on the rear brake mount? are they proprietary or just a simple washer?

Thanks

Mark

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
are you changing the discs as well?
If not then i'm pretty sure the XT 4 pots and the Sain 4 pots are the same brake caliper?

Phatboi

Jun 24, 2021
Cardiff
Hi Surfbum

I think I didn’t explain myself properly, I’m changing from Sram brakes & discs to shimano brakes & discs. The ref to XTwas asking those who have shimano brakes what the 1.5mm spacers are.

stam discs on rear are 200mm shimano are 203mm. Hence the need to source some 1.5mm spacers.

Phatboi

Jun 24, 2021
Cardiff
Thanks Gyre

that’s what I thought they would be. Hopefully I have enough small washers to make up my own.

Gutch

Sep 10, 2018
South Carolina
Yes, I bought 1.5mm thick washers from Lowes. I’m also getting rid of these Code R as they are not powerful enough. I bumped up to Magura 220-203 mdr p rotors and still not enough. Just purchased Magura 7 pro. Should do the trick

Phatboi

Jun 24, 2021
Cardiff
I find Saints with 203mm rotors front & rear are pretty good. Bsic physics says full fat E bikes are always going to take more slowing down than analog bikes. I have learnt to brake a bit earlier on the E bike.

cdavies102

Jun 29, 2021
UK
Swapped out the stock SRAM's on my Bullit for new XTRs and 203mm rotors last night. I fitted the same to my last Bronson and doesn't get any better than that setup for me - just love the feel of how they work and the looks are a bonus.

To answer your above question, I just used the 1.5mm shim washers the same as in the Ebay link above.

Side note - it looks as thought Shimano have some new XTR 6 bolt rotors coming soon which I'll get my hands on when they're released (saw a set on Minnaar's V10). I wonder if it will also be available in 220mm?

IMG_6499.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

IMG_6502.jpg

Coolcmsc

Oct 29, 2019
U.K.
You’ll be pleased with them. Big stopping compared to the Codes. I went to Magura MT’s with 230’s and so pleased. Some say the Saints are better for late braking than the MT’s. I haven’t tried them side by side. Either way, you’ll be going better ?

Phatboi

Jun 24, 2021
Cardiff
How are Shimano users finding the rattle noise from the finned pads? I use non finned pads on the Bullit, im not sure id hear the rattle over the motor rattle though.

Phatboi

Jun 24, 2021
Cardiff
The finned pads tend to rattle in the caliper son twin pot shimano brakes. Non finned ones don’t rattle.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles