Brose-S Belt Replacement Costs

gyurk

Jun 3, 2024
USA, Pittsburgh
I do all of my own bike service and after about 700 miles my original Brose-S belt broke. I ordered the belt kit for $159.00. I was taken back by how expensive a belt costs. Given that the kit includes a gasket and some new bolts, that's still an expensive belt.
Before doing anything, I bought a compatible belt on Amazon for $9.99. The kit belt definitely feels stiffer than the Amazon belt.
As an experiment, I put the Amazon belt in my motor and put it back together. The motor is for a 29er mountain bike that get's abused on some local single-track trails in Pennsylvania.
I have about 75 miles on it right now. I'm going to see how long it lasts and report back.
Anyone else have experience using cheaper belts?

CalebDC

Jul 17, 2024
San Diego, CA
I have not heard of "cheaper" belt solutions as buying from the manufacturer I believe to be the best solution. Would you be able to send a link to that belt?

gyurk

Jun 3, 2024
USA, Pittsburgh
The $10 belt from Amazon (link below) only lasted about 100 miles before it was shredded. Maybe with lighter use it would last longer.
I found a manufacturer that claims they make the carbon belts for Brose. I just ordered 2 of them for $20 ea. I'll report back how they perform.

Amazon belt - ""

Here's the carbon belt that should be the one that Brose sells - Replacement Belt for Brose - Carbon Cord - E00064, E79603, E86001, E01680

gyurk

Jun 3, 2024
USA, Pittsburgh
I did receive the belts from ZZR parts, and they seem like they are exactly the same as the carbon one that comes in the $159 belt kit. I have one of those on the bike now, and have about 100mi on it with no issues. I'll report back as I get more miles on it. I've been riding my non E-bike to get in shape over the summer, so that's why I don't have many miles on the ebike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles