Broken purion display repair

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
My first ride yesterday in eight weeks because of a broken thumb and I had a crash and snapped off the hinge section on my Bosch Purion display, various searches on various sites and the prospect of paying out a stupid amount plus a job I wouldn’t know where to start with got me thinking of how to repair it instead.
Searching around the house for something I could use turned up with a cheap plastic kiddies paint brush, I whipped out my digital vernier and found it was the perfect 7mm diameter and it had a tiny hole right down the centre so I cut it to just under 7mm wide, drilled the hole to 2mm to accept the hinge pin, roughed the edge a little and super glued it into position on the Purion and added a little Araldite to each side for a little extra security and hey presto it’s fixed, just going to leave it for 24 hours for the glue to fully dry now, now it’s not pretty but it’s functional and has hopefully saved me over £100 for parts and labour, this may be helpful to anyone else in the same position as I was, here’s the obligatory pictures

D3F8DFA5-0871-4A0C-B7AA-B670D94D830C.jpeg

A1EB61F1-BC2B-405E-85EB-7C531CBE1C7C.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles