Broken bosch kiox display unit (clip in tact)

ashleydwsmith

Apr 15, 2022
Guildford uk
As per title, broke my 2 day old kiox unit ( the clip tha forces it into the connectors) and Bosch don’t appear to sell just the case.
so hoping I might be able to just replace the back which will be cheaper than buying a brand new unit

ashleydwsmith

Apr 15, 2022
Guildford uk
4397CFEE-0D9F-442A-8DE0-BB53A6E39529.jpeg

This piece has broken off the actual unit.

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
If I recall from another thread, you got this as an upgrade kit.
There should have been a small countersunk screw with it. This goes through the back of the mount and into the Kiox to permanently fix it in place.
Might be a solution to keep it in place while riding until an another turns up

ashleydwsmith

Apr 15, 2022
Guildford uk
If I recall from another thread, you got this as an upgrade kit.
There should have been a small countersunk screw with it. This goes through the back of the mount and into the Kiox to permanently fix it in place.
Might be a solution to keep it in place while riding until an another turns up
Ahhh I didn’t know that Thankyou

JackySi

Aug 16, 2024
Slovenia
Hi! I registered here just to find out if the OP ever found out how to fix the broken hinge issue? I also broke the hinge on KIOX and it is useless right now. I wonder if I can fix it as it's just 1 week old and it wasn't cheap =(.
Everything holds fine except for no hinge, no connectors, no power.

ashleydwsmith

Apr 15, 2022
Guildford uk
Hi! I registered here just to find out if the OP ever found out how to fix the broken hinge issue? I also broke the hinge on KIOX and it is useless right now. I wonder if I can fix it as it's just 1 week old and it wasn't cheap =(.
Everything holds fine except for no hinge, no connectors, no power.
Nope, still have the unit tucked away! 😂 had to screw it on as per someone else’s suggestion then zip tie it down at the connector so as to keep connection. That kissed me off cos I couldn’t remove it so bought another one

JackySi

Aug 16, 2024
Slovenia
Nope, still have the unit tucked away! 😂 had to screw it on as per someone else’s suggestion then zip tie it down at the connector so as to keep connection. That kissed me off cos I couldn’t remove it so bought another one
Oh... I was really hoping there was a better way. I just bought the KIOX... Thank you for answering this old post! =)
My temp fix was "welding" metal into the casing and it seems to work lol... It looks HORRIBLE. But it holds very strongly. It did save me 100€. I had the same issue twice now, the first time I glued KIOX using EPOXY and it held for 3 years. 1 week ago I bought another display and broke it again. I fell both times and I never fell in between. It's just crazy luck I have.

20240816_143325.jpg 20240816_143350.jpg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I personally learned my lesson and stopped mounting the Kiox to the stem or the bar. There’s a holder available which mounts the top tube (below and behind the stem). That may not be possible on some brands of bikes.

I can still see the display of the Kiox when it’s mounted this way. There’s a number of pages available on the Kiox but while I’m riding I am only interested in what mode I’m in (purple =MTB mode) and the time. I can barely read the fine print anyways without my prescription glasses. 🤓

I’m still able to attach a tether to the Kiox for when I go OTB’s. IMO a tether is better than a fixed mount Kiox with the screw on the back.

JackySi

Aug 16, 2024
Slovenia
I personally learned my lesson and stopped mounting the Kiox to the stem or the bar. There’s a holder available which mounts the top tube (below and behind the stem). That may not be possible on some brands of bikes.

I can still see the display of the Kiox when it’s mounted this way. There’s a number of pages available on the Kiox but while I’m riding I am only interested in what mode I’m in (purple =MTB mode) and the time. I can barely read the fine print anyways without my prescription glasses. 🤓

I’m still able to attach a tether to the Kiox for when I go OTB’s. IMO a tether is better than a fixed mount Kiox with the screw on the back.

Oh yeah smart. I look at my heart rate a lot as I'm worried I would go over, sometimes I go into extreme. I saw that, but not a fan. I do like how DJI inside frame displays... May switch on mine like you did as well, just to be on the safe side. I find it funny though, with purion (that was my OEM install) I never had issues... First Kiox I had 2 days, fell and it broke... I feel twice with this bike and both times broke Kiox.

Nice. Thanks for sharing =)

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Oh yeah smart. I look at my heart rate a lot as I'm worried I would go over, sometimes I go into extreme. I saw that, but not a fan. I do like how DJI inside frame displays... May switch on mine like you did as well, just to be on the safe side. I find it funny though, with purion (that was my OEM install) I never had issues... First Kiox I had 2 days, fell and it broke... I feel twice with this bike and both times broke Kiox.

Nice. Thanks for sharing =)
Besides cleaning up the cockpit the Kiox is less prone to accidental damage.

IMG_8084.jpeg
Most of the new smart bike displays are on the top tube now. I also allow the Kiox controller to slightly rotate on the bar.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles