Bosch system on 2023 bikes

Philinmerthyr

Apr 1, 2021
Wales
I’m thinking about my next ebike. I’m still seeing delays and that seems to be the case on the new Bosch 750wh system for some models so I may wait until the early 2023 releases.

I’d welcome the thought of those of you with better industry knowledge. Are most Bosch powered bikes in 2023 likely to use the 750wh battery with the new Kiox?

The Whyte e160rs is top of my list but if a few months delay will give me the 750wh system I may wait.

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
WIll the 2023 bikes actually be "2022" bikes. I wonder if with all the waiting & backlogs manufacturers decide to forget about 2022 models completely & market them as 2023 models so they won't disappoint buyers expecting them within this year.

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Keep in mind the 750wh is extra range, but also a fair bit of extra weight, which will impact on that range.

We might find a bit of faffing and jiggerypokery going on with claimed features that arent really that much of a difference, and we're still a few years away from actual noticeable changes that mean something in the real world.
They always need to try to offer some difference or other each and every year to 'beat the competition', but it might just be words and clever advertising.

Tribey

Jan 1, 2019
South Devon, UK
It's a 20% increase in battery capacity, it's just some extra cells, so 20% heavier than the 625 battery, so getting on for 20% extra range.
With the new Kiox, controller and bluetooth updates, I'm looking forward to it. Whether I can afford it is another matter.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles