Bosch nyon to change torque modes and put purion again, is it possible?

joaoazevedo_2

Nov 6, 2023
Portugal
Hi, I have a friend with a nyon display, mine is a purion. I was wondering if it is possible to connect his nyon, change the modes (put more torque in ecomode) and retrofit to purion again. The modes selected will stay in the motor or they are directly connected to the displays?

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
I don't think so, as 'the main unit - the brain' is the Kiox or Nyon, all settings lie inside that unit.

I have Nyon, however not connected to any bike (for sell), I think I tried to change settings in Nyon (YOU HAVE TO PAY 5 eur for that EXTRA WTF....) but they weren't transferred to Kiox

Last edited:

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
If you have a Purion display this would suggest that you have a pre 'smart system' Gen 4.
You can only change the settings on the 'smart system' Gen 4's

I think if you could do this from one smart to another, I'm pretty sure you'd lose any adjusted settings once you unpair the phone as I think it reverts to the stock settings.

joaoazevedo_2

Nov 6, 2023
Portugal
If you have a Purion display this would suggest that you have a pre 'smart system' Gen 4.
You can only change the settings on the 'smart system' Gen 4's

I think if you could do this from one smart to another, I'm pretty sure you'd lose any adjusted settings once you unpair the phone as I think it reverts to the stock settings.
You can create modes with the nyon, changing settings for all the modes. I dont have the smart system.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
You can create modes with the nyon, changing settings for all the modes. I dont have the smart system.
So tell me how! Provide some details...perhaps some photos of the settings possibilities. I could well be prepared to buy a Nyon if I am convinced mode tuning can be done.

I previously asked Bosch if there was any way to tune the modes on a pre Smart System bike using Nyon, and they said no. There is nothing on the Bosch website that gives details for the Nyon about any ability to change modes.

I have used the settings on my Smart system equipped bike to tune the modes and love the fact that I now ride almost exclusively in EMTB and Tour with no need to use Turbo......and i would like to do something similar on my older bike.

rzr

Sep 26, 2022
bcn
Yes you can do that, BUT, you have to buy that extra feature (only 5 eur, but it's a #$^ JOKE ! )

these pictures are from MY ACCOUNT (Bosch eBike Connect - the Nyon portal for Navigation and Fitness)
1699307409337.png

I've just changed envelopes
1699307474360.png

Last edited:

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Yes you can do that, BUT, you have to buy that extra feature (only 5 eur, but it's a #$^ JOKE ! )

these pictures are from MY ACCOUNT (Bosch eBike Connect - the Nyon portal for Navigation and Fitness)
View attachment 128421
I've just changed envelopes
View attachment 128422
Beat me to it
I find the unit very good to use, it's a toss up if you wise to ride gnarly or bike parks with it, I personally remove it

Sander23

Aug 28, 2020
Belgium
So tell me how! Provide some details...perhaps some photos of the settings possibilities. I could well be prepared to buy a Nyon if I am convinced mode tuning can be done.

I previously asked Bosch if there was any way to tune the modes on a pre Smart System bike using Nyon, and they said no. There is nothing on the Bosch website that gives details for the Nyon about any ability to change modes.

I have used the settings on my Smart system equipped bike to tune the modes and love the fact that I now ride almost exclusively in EMTB and Tour with no need to use Turbo......and i would like to do something similar on my older bike.
It is possible. It is even possible on the old gen 2 motor. A friend has it and can make change assist level in modes on the Bosch gen 2

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
thanks for the info. I can see no rationale for regulating motor support in line with bike speed though! Bike speed and desired amount of motor support are completely unrelated in mtb riding!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles