Bosch Motor directly assembled to frame without Mounting Plates

Spiff

Feb 27, 2019
Earth
In a Facebook group, somebody has found that there are some eBikes (like 2023 Cannondale Moterra Neo 3, and probably other bikes like the Ghost E-ASW) with the Bosch Performance CX Smartsystem, and the motor is mounted to the frame in an innovative way:

** The Bosch Mounting Plates at the front of the motor are not used, the bolts are threaded directly into the motor drills intended for the attachment of the Bosch Mounting Plates.

** The Bosch Mounting Plates at the rear of the motor are not used, instead it is used Cannondale Mount Brackets.

I thought that the usage of the Bosch Motor Mounting Plates was mandatory, but looks like the direct attachment of the motor is also posible. Probably Bosch tested it and they allowed the ebike manufacturers to do it.

When I bought my Cannondale Moterra Neo 3, my first task was to remove the Shimano brakes and install the Magura MT7, and as the rear hose was not compatible I had to substitute the Shimano hose with the Magura hose, my second tas task was to remove the Charge Socket and installl the new one compatible with Powermore. I did not need to remove the motor for any of the above, there was enough room at the top of the motor to route new hose and the connector of the new charge plug. So ideallly, the only need to remove the motor would be to replace it in case of motor problem.

I am attaching a couple pictures where it can be seen that the frame upper drills position match the Motor drills for the plates, and also the Cannondale Plate for the lower Motor drills.

What do you guys think?

Bosch Motor BDU3741 Race.jpg Moterra Motor 1.jpg Moterra Motor 2.jpg Moterra Motor 3.jpg Frame Motor Mount.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles