Bosch Gen4 Seal Service & Grease up

Lithovatis

Sep 23, 2024
Kefalonia Island GR
If you can’t get specific pliers then a modified Cir-clip plier(s) will work. That’s what I did. There’s a number of pictures posted here (I have posted also) that could help.

I ground off the small pins and thinned out the tip slightly. You may need to sacrifice a tool, or part of a tool, but it works fine for removing that C-Clip.

Thnx for the reply Stihldog!!!
Will get a circlip plier to the sacrificial grinder and try to workout the tip to maybe get it flat???

Bearing Man

Ebike Motor Centre
Patreon
Sep 29, 2018
UK
What don't you like about aluminum based greases?
Unfortunately, there is conflicting information for this out there, some manufacturers say it can and some say it can't. I have seen boat trailers where marine grease has been pumped into the hub bearings and the original lithium grease has run out as oil, causing bearing failure in 3 or 4 months. Therefore, I tend to err on the side of caution.
I don't profess to be an expert on greases, but I do know that mixing them, or using the wrong type of grease for the wrong application, can be devastating.
Anyone just grabbing what they have on the shelf is a big no, no. The most common thing we see is high pressure grease or fancy ceramic or Teflon based greases used in clutch bearings! They obviously slip, but they slip under such extreme pressure that it damages the bearing races by polishing them! Some greases make the bearing slip and grip, which shatters the bearing...
You can see where I am going with this, but what I am really saying is that if you want to use a different grease, do your research to ensure it's compatible with the part you want to grease and the other greases around it.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles