Bosch gen 4 power port

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Hi there guys
Another quick question about my tracker, after getting in touch with Powunity with regards to fitting their biketrax tracker on my bike, they say that the power port has to be unlocked, my question is, does it have to be unlocked by an ebike dealer or can it be done without voiding my warranty, any help greatly appreciated please.

Sean

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
What I should have asked you guys is do I have to get the power port unlocked by a dealer or is it an easy thing to do myself without voiding any warranty on the motor please

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
OK, I'll have a stab. I'm pretty sure it will need a Bosch dealer to unlock as it requires the software they use for other settings.

Due to this, I can't see why it would have any effect on voiding the warranty, as it's a Bosch dealer doing it.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Thanks for your reply Planemo, I hope to have lucked out, after I got in touch with Powunity they gave me a comprehensive list of dealers in the uk and to my surprise there’s one in my home city, I’ve contacted them to see if they sell to joe public and asked them if they can unlock my motor to accept the tracker, ok so far I’ve had no reply but it’s early days, when I get a reply I’ll let you guys know just in case anyone else is wanting to do the same 😉

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles