Bosch CX4 replacement cranks?

Hob Nob

Jun 4, 2020
UK
So, got a bit carried away/unlucky and clouted my NDS crank arm into a large rock mid corner & have bent the arm, now in need of a replacement.

It comes with some cheap SRAM crap - looking at replacements, it seems i'm a bit limited to basically Hope as a decent alternative. Anyone running Hope arms on a CX4 motor? Are they a tapered spline/interference fit much like SRAM GXP/Raceface on an analogue bike?

bluewater87

Jul 12, 2020
Canada
E13 makes crankarms and rings for the bosch.
It comes stock on the Trek rail with Shimano drivetrain.
E*Thirteen
E*Thirteen

The 2021 rail 9.7 i am getting comes with sram arms, but i'm trying to find out if the E13 rings fit with the Sram arms, or if i'll need the E13 arms as well. (I'm switching from Sram to shimano).

Last edited:

Hob Nob

Jun 4, 2020
UK
To be honest, I don't hold out much (any) hope for E13 components over the stock SRAM kit.

bluewater87

Jul 12, 2020
Canada
To be honest, I don't hold out much (any) hope for E13 components over the stock SRAM kit.

I hear you. E13 don't have the best reputation for parts that move...
I'm hoping the shimano chain will work ok with the Sram ring. I read using the sram quicklink (instead of the shimano quicklink) on the shimano chain helps.

Jona

Jan 24, 2020
Belgium
I had ordered FSA CK745, the 165 mm after bending left side.
they looked nice and stong, but...
the advantage of 165mm crank arms is having more clearance when (mountain-) biking in rocky/rooty terrain.
the holes for the pedals are at 165mm, but the length of the crank arm itself is the same as 175 mm. this is not so on the picture on the website:
1600080161127.png

this part is too long to use on a E-mtb:

1600080150374.png

this saves them to make 3 molds for the base part, but it is missing the point for MTB if you ask me.
i send them back and ordered cube acid e-crank 165mm (same as the ones that came original

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
The SRAM cranks are, I think, made by Praxis anyway and there’s nothing wrong with them at all. If you’ve clouted a rock with one and it’s bent, then it’s done it’s job by diverting all that force away from the motor and its bearings.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles