Bosch cx race half power issue

jray17

Sep 19, 2018
California
Anyone else get half way through a ride and find the bosch system giving half power? Second time this has happened. Half battery, no error codes or warnings. Just low to medium power from the motor. To get half power I have to hammer the pedals. Im guessing its a motor heat issue but its frustrating that there is no error code or identifier. Its happened 2 rides in a row at about 10 miles in and 3k of elevation gain.

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
Considering 3000 feet in 10 miles is a bit of an incline, and it's been pretty darned hot recently, your analysis seems reasonable. Can the end user read the fault logs on that motor? I don't know how to do that.

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
Anyone else get half way through a ride and find the bosch system giving half power? Second time this has happened. Half battery, no error codes or warnings. Just low to medium power from the motor. To get half power I have to hammer the pedals. Im guessing its a motor heat issue but its frustrating that there is no error code or identifier. Its happened 2 rides in a row at about 10 miles in and 3k of elevation gain.
How long does this last for ? I had a couple of times yesterday and today when climbing hard the power would drop, only for a second or two but enough for me to look at the power lights to see what mode i was in , thinking I had accidentally hit the power mode button and knocked it in to eco or thing as I have done before , but no it was still in emtb.
mines also the cx race , never done it before , I had updated the firmware via the app this week so makes me think it was that

jray17

Sep 19, 2018
California
It seems to last a while. I waited 10 minutes and then headed back to the car. I was letting the motor do the work on these 2 rides but these are rides ive done before with this bike without issue and on other brands without issues. I did also update my bike recently and thought it might have to do with the update. I cant find anywhere to see heat data and there are no codes coming up so it leaves me in the dark.

Pazman

Dec 8, 2022
Uk
It seems to last a while. I waited 10 minutes and then headed back to the car. I was letting the motor do the work on these 2 rides but these are rides ive done before with this bike without issue and on other brands without issues. I did also update my bike recently and thought it might have to do with the update. I cant find anywhere to see heat data and there are no codes coming up so it leaves me in the dark.
Ok not the same as mine then , Bosch dealer for you pal

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles