Bosch charger output, fried motor?

Oct 31, 2021
Wiltshire, UK
Hi all,

Whyte E160S with a Bosch motor was on charge in the house the other day when the lighting circuit tripped a few times due to a dodgy connection in a light switch.

I didn't notice at the time, but later that day the bike would not turn on at all, had previously been fine.

Bike was booked in for a service anyway at lbs, they have tested motor and battery and purion display, swapping with other bikes, and only the motor is coming back with no response, battery and display are working normally apparently.

Does anybody know what readings I should be getting from the pins on the Bosch charger with a multimeter? Just trying to figure out if it has been damaged when the circuit tripped, and has somehow fried the the motor....

Thanks all in advance and fingers crossed.

Al.

20240616_210226.jpg 20240615_121912.jpg

Planemo

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 12, 2021
Essex UK
I'm not sure it's possible given the required canbus handshake needed before the charger starts outputting. Maybe someone knows the voltage on the canbus pin but unless you can trigger it, that won't help re checking the main output.

Hopefully someone will come along that knows a bit more than I do though

Oct 31, 2021
Wiltshire, UK
Yes, that's what I was wondering about, some kind of digital handshake before the charger starts charging. And also, not plugged into another bike just incase it is faulty and fries that too.

Maybe one for @Bearing Man ?

Thanks.

Al.

Oct 31, 2021
Wiltshire, UK
Right on topic!

I did wonder about that, I’m sure any of the electricians on here will put me right, but only the mcb on the lighting circuit tripped, so maybe there was an overcurrent?

Anyway, it was the only variable and seems too much of a coincidence. Lbs are getting no response form the motor when plugged in to diagnostic software, but battery and display work fine on other bikes.

We’ll see🤞

Al.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles